Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,451   Online: 979

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Some MF filter questions

Greetings all,

I need to kit up some of my filters to suit my 50mm PS lens.

I have been using Cokin filter holders on the odd occassion with my other lenses. Has anyone had any issues using the standard P holders with a wider angle lenses? Or should I be looking for a slim line? At the moment, I will be sticking with Cokin Filters, simply because I don't have the money to spend on others.

Also, I have noticed that B&H have a HD digital Circ poloriser on special for the moment. Considering that they are designed for 'digital', would they cause any strange colour shifts or other issues when shooting film, especially colour?

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Greetings all,

I need to kit up some of my filters to suit my 50mm PS lens.

I have been using Cokin filter holders on the odd occassion with my other lenses. Has anyone had any issues using the standard P holders with a wider angle lenses? Or should I be looking for a slim line? At the moment, I will be sticking with Cokin Filters, simply because I don't have the money to spend on others.

Also, I have noticed that B&H have a HD digital Circ poloriser on special for the moment. Considering that they are designed for 'digital', would they cause any strange colour shifts or other issues when shooting film, especially colour?

Cheers
    No color shifts with "digital" filters. Digital in this sense is simply a marketing word, good could be substituted.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks - That's what I had thought, but I guess it pays to double check once in a while.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello,
    circular polarizing filters are needed only for cameras with polarizing elements in the light path or in the light metering system. These are all autofocus cameras, Leica SLR's and some other brands. But there is no problem with "normal oldfashioned" cameras. In most cases circ. pol. filters are more expensive than linear ones.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jochen View Post
    Hello,
    circular polarizing filters are needed only for cameras with polarizing elements in the light path or in the light metering system. These are all autofocus cameras, Leica SLR's and some other brands. But there is no problem with "normal oldfashioned" cameras. In most cases circ. pol. filters are more expensive than linear ones.
    Yes, I am fully aware of that. I, though, will be using the circ. pol. filter on Auto Focus hardware as well (both Film and digital).

Cheers

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin