Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,935   Online: 870

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Fuji GSW690 III - how to remove lens shade?

The shade on my GSW690 III slides too easily, so it's always slipping back over the shutter/aperture rings. If I could figure out how to get the shade off, I'm sure I could rig up something to increase the friction.

Anyone know how to get the shade off?

Thanks,

Mike

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Apparently not easy. I remember researching the topic on the 'net and coming across that you have to almost take the lens off and "remove it from behind".

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    That lens hood drives me crazy. My simple solution is using a couple small pieces of gaffers tape to hold it in place when I'm out shooting. The standard method for removing it is to use a jewelers saw or small hacksaw. I've never heard of anyone removing the lens from a GSW690III--it sounds like a major operation.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've managed to improve the situation significantly by gently squeezing the hood with a big clamp, so it is ever-so-slightly out-of-round. That gives it a bit of friction so it mostly stays in place. Looks like that may have to be my long-term solution too; I'll just squeeze it more aggressively, so it is harder to move.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Evangelist View Post
    I've managed to improve the situation significantly by gently squeezing the hood with a big clamp, so it is ever-so-slightly out-of-round. That gives it a bit of friction so it mostly stays in place. Looks like that may have to be my long-term solution too; I'll just squeeze it more aggressively, so it is harder to move.
    Great idea--I may have to try this.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

I've been looking to acquire one of these cameras. I've read all of the articles and the pro and con opinions on this line of cameras. But I need someone who actually uses it on a regular basis to give me their opinion on the camera overall.

Thanks,

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agree that it can be a pain, but I fixed mine by dropping it on some rocks, well actually the tripod toppled! Bent the hood and the front of the lens a bit, now the hood has plenty of friction!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It's one of my favorite cameras of all time. Simple, reliable, killer lens, awesome format size, and excellent rangefinder accuracy. I made the mistake of selling one and had to buy a replacement--won't make that error again. The negatives are big, beautiful and sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by spoolman View Post
    I've been looking to acquire one of these cameras. I've read all of the articles and the pro and con opinions on this line of cameras. But I need someone who actually uses it on a regular basis to give me their opinion on the camera overall.

Thanks,

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree with Barry. I have both the GW and GSW (II versions for both). The lenses far exceeded my expectations, even after reading about how good they were.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Thanks for the feedback. Is the camera made specifically for landscapes or other subjects that require a wide angle of vision, sort of?. Or can it be used for street or other types of photography. What I'm trying to ask does the 90 mm lens impart any sort of wide angle effect to scenes other than landscape?.

Thanks,

Doug

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin