Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,640   Online: 726

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used to shoot Motorsports in 35mm, back pre digital. Now I have this dream of taking my RB and a lens or two and hauling the thing around a track seeing what I can do with it. One of these days. It's a wonderful camera which I don't use all the time but always enjoy coming back to.
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have so much respect for the pre-digital, pre auto-focus sports photographers. They didn't know until the film got developed if the shot had come out okay, they had to pre-focus, and then they had to change film in the middle of it all and risk missing some critical shot. I guess the wire services photogs had someone to change the film on their other bodies. Did that mean having duplicate sets of lenses as well?
    Graham from St. Augustine, FL

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sold my first RB 67 when the RA got so bad I couldn't hand hold the camera any longer. Couple of years later I decided that shooting from a tripod was more fun then not shooting at all. So last year I bought a well cared for RB67 pro SD with all the extras I could find. couldn't be happier.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham_Martin View Post
    I have so much respect for the pre-digital, pre auto-focus sports photographers. They didn't know until the film got developed if the shot had come out okay, they had to pre-focus, and then they had to change film in the middle of it all and risk missing some critical shot. I guess the wire services photogs had someone to change the film on their other bodies. Did that mean having duplicate sets of lenses as well?
    When I shot motorsports I carried 2 T90s with different lenses but the same film plus my early F1 body as an emergency backup (which I never needed). You grab a film reload when you can and try to ignore the missed shots. One thing I liked about the T90 is its a relatively fast camera to load. Each body had a zoom on, one short and the other longer but with some overlap. Usually a 35-105 and a 80-200. Between the two pretty much anything could be covered. I sometimes wonder how a shooter with no film experience would handle not being able to look at their shots as they go but I don't remember it ever being a concern. It's just how it was. A three day weekend though could run over 30 rolls of E6. Lot of money for us freelancers to put out but also a lot if fun.
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Come on now.. You'll love it so much n wonder why anyone uses a digital camera these days for anything other than a light meter!

My B&Ws put my digital crap to shame.. TO SHAME I SAY!
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My RB was my "return to film" camera from earlier this year. Its a demanding camera, but the results are amazing.

I've got the 180mm, 90mm and 50mm lenses. Of those, I really like the 50. It was what I used on this shoot:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Joker-Harley-Quinn-11x14Final.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	421.2 KB 
ID:	73924

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    In college, I shot sports (football games) with my Pentax K1000. Mostly at night. In crap light. We pushed Tri-X 400 as far as we could. Since we were only shooting for the college newspaper, it was good enough.

Funny...at the time we didn't think anything of it. I've got a shoebox full of what I flatter myself to think are really awesome shots. A modern DSLR with auto-focus and see-in-the-dark ISO? That would almost make it too easy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I sold my RB67 Pro SD along with 35mm kit after moving to digital some years ago. Last year I returned to shooting 35mm film. Seeing the RB67 on Ebay in the last few days at very low prices I am finding the urge to buy it again difficult to resist. I always found it more rewarding than 35mm and a TLR.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It's funny how the RB67 has such a lure for so many people that they keep coming back to it. I wonder of this is the same with other MF brands such as the Hasselblad 500/501 series. I took my new to me RB67 out yesterday. It is a pleasure to use. I had forgotten how heavy it is. I will just have to plan when and where to use it.
    Graham from St. Augustine, FL

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wass View Post
    I sold my RB67 Pro SD along with 35mm kit after moving to digital some years ago. Last year I returned to shooting 35mm film. Seeing the RB67 on Ebay in the last few days at very low prices I am finding the urge to buy it again difficult to resist. I always found it more rewarding than 35mm and a TLR.
    The RB67 is probably one of the best values out there right now in used gear. High quality kit at fairly low prices. The only real drawback to the system is its size, which does make it kind of a pain for just walking around with. On the other hand, it fits nicely into the trunk bag of my bike.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin