Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,054   Online: 865

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

ILFORD PROCESSING LAB B&W AND C-41 OPENS IN US

Sorry to be redundant but I felt a shift in the industry forces when I read this. Ilford starts processing all types of b&w and color c-41 in the U.S. by mail at REASONBLE prices no less. Check it out !!! (And support this). Who knows, if this keeps up, could Kodachrome and K-14 processing be coming back too?

Press Release from Ilford http://www.ilfordphoto.com/pressroom/article.asp?n=171

Lab FAQs http://www.ilfordlab-us.com/page/83/Film-FAQ-s.htm

Basic lab info http://www.ilfordlab-us.com/page/57/...-from-Film.htm

Lab order form and pricing sheet. http://www.ilfordlab-us.com/35mm.asp

Lab PDF Mailing Form http://www.ilfordlab-us.com/documents/6261%20Ilford%20Lab%20$%20with%20Order_Postage%20P aid%20Inbound%20V2.pdf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It seems like they're just doing black and white. Not C-41. Also, I do not believe even a company like Ilford has the resources to bring back a reasonably priced equivalent to Kodachrome. I think our best bet is that Ferrania will develop some sort of miracle film in 2014 when they decide to start production. The closest I think we will get even then is most likely another slide film just developing in E-6. I'm excited to see what kind of colour results there will be. I think the saturated look of Velvia is probably the most currently desirable overall effect of film, so it will probably be more similar to that than Kodachrome. I may be wrong in everything I'm saying here, but that's my personal observation. Or opinion. Whichever.

I just went back and looked; you are correct. They state they will develop C-41 Black and White films (Kodak BW400CN, Ilford XP2, etc).

Shooter
    35mm
    Their website says the are processing both C-41 and E-6 aswell as B&W:

Can you accept color films?
    Yes, we can accept C-41 color negative and E-6 transparency films too. However, color films are not printed to ILFORD black and white paper, but instead printed on Kodak Royal Paper.

Source: http://www.ilfordlab-us.com/page/83/Film-FAQ-s.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I didn't notice the FAQs at first, pardon me.
    Check out my website!

Nikon F2//Yaschica T4//Zenza Bronica ETR//Polaroid SX-70 Sonar OneStep

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I see we now have four different threads on this subject in four different subforums.

would it be a good idea to merge them?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Actually Nathan, I was referring to the possibility that Kodak might bring back Kodachrome rather than Ilford since Kodak has the patents on the film and the process K-14. Hope springs eternal, I guess. I, for one, never felt Velvia, in any form, matched the colors of Kodachrome, but that's a different discussion altogether.
    M.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, I know the colours never matched up. They were complete different in my opinion. I never got to shoot Kodachrome before it kicked the bucket, unfortunately... I was just being pessimistic in that I thought there were too many other types of film to make up for the loss of Kodachrome. I will say now that I think about it, that it seems like it may not be entirely out of the realm of possibility. Looking back at all the other modern analog innovations, it seems like there might be enough of a following to get it back. Maybe we can make a petition.

...if not for processing machines or anything, at least for the basic chemistry and the film itself in basic speeds. I for one would love to at least try it once in my life time.
    Check out my website!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You draft the petition, I'll sign it. I'm thinking of how wonderful it would be to have Kodachrome come back. I suppose they have someone somewhere watching the market to determine when the right time would be. Problem is though, how many outfits shut down processing and whether they would want to get back into the loop if Kodak started making the film again. Who knows?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, to get something like that through, I think someone with more knowledge of the film would have to help write up the "Why people should sign this" portion of the petition. I've never shot the film, and as much as I would benefit, I just don't know enough about it to say anything convincing.
    Check out my website!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know Nathan, I think the word "Kodachrome" speaks for itself. Yes, I remember it well. It was incredible film with a warm, soft, colorful palate, a puckish sense of humor, bold yet ambivalent in its adolescence, a heddy nose and a wispy scent that lingered on all the senses long after opening the can.
    Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin