Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,959   Online: 942

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Winning the e-bay game....

I love this stuff. Buying something that is listed for much less than other similar items. There is some risk, but that is the excitement. In this case a 6008i for hundreds less than similarly listed items. Near mint condition with some secret hidden flaw. In this case I found it right away. The film did not fully wind up after the last exposure. A quick inspection of the pressure plate revealed the sensor-wire had broken off near the solder joint. An easy fix!

It is odd to find this in a near-mint specimen with no signs of tampering. Perhaps a QC issue. If anyone has a 6008i that does not wind up the film after the last exposure, check the little wire. You can see it without taking the pressure plate off, just look in from the side.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	file-149.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	142.0 KB 
ID:	73973

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Congrats!!!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've had a few scores like that. Most recently (okay, a few years ago) an Elan 7NE and an EOS RT for about a third the going rate, primarily because of bad photos of the items, and little to no description. Both in perfect condition. Last year I received a box full of dead T90s for $24 and free shipping. Revived the first one by tapping it on the ground. Well, bashing it would be a better description...
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've had a few deals like that, often where something was "broken," but the seller didn't really know how to use it ("Studio shutter fires at only one speed"--well, yeah), or it was a routine fix that people are afraid to touch. It is rare that some really old LF shutter is really in good working order, for instance. Better just to factor in the cost of a CLA and consider it a bonus if it turns out to be unnecessary.

Knowledge is worth money.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've managed to stumble into a couple of amazing deals, the most recent being a mint Bronica S2 for $120. I found it at a used camera shop in columbus ohio and had to have it when I found out not only how cheap it was, but that it also had a Nikkor lens. I've put about 15 rolls of 120 through it with only 1 very minor problem, a cable release works fine if threaded into the shutter button but doesn't do anything through the cable release port on the bottom of the body. Personally I can't imagine ever needing the one on the bottom so it's fine with me.
    Mamiya RB67 Professional S, Mamiya-Sekor 90mm F=3.8C
    Zeiss Ikon Ikonta M 524/16, Novar-Anastigmat 75mm F=3.5
    Nikon FTn, Nikkor-H.C 50mm F=2

www.flickr.com/photos/shootfilm08

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The release on the bottom is handy, if you have the camera on a tripod and you have something like a compendium shade on the lens. You also need it, if you ever get the L-grip.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You gotta be careful with eBay or you soon wind up with a closet full of "bargains" that you never actually use.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    You gotta be careful with eBay or you soon wind up with a closet full of "bargains" that you never actually use.
    Like all those Canon FD lenses I've got, theres a 100-300, a 18-28, and a 400mm that I haven't even tried out due to my current affair with medium format.
    Mamiya RB67 Professional S, Mamiya-Sekor 90mm F=3.8C
    Zeiss Ikon Ikonta M 524/16, Novar-Anastigmat 75mm F=3.5
    Nikon FTn, Nikkor-H.C 50mm F=2

www.flickr.com/photos/shootfilm08

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    If this gives you some fun...
    || Cezary Żemis <cezary.zemis@pronet.pl> | www.cezaryzemis.name
    || ph.:+49 176 7327 8527|skype:cezzem

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    With careful attention, a bit more knowledge than the seller, and a dash of good luck, you still do get bargains on Ebay. Like my second Rolleiflex 2.8E - I got it for about $550, and all it needs is an adjustment to the film sensor roller so that it will handle black-and-white emulsions (which seem to be a hair thinner than color, so it skips the first frame on the roll with most b/w emulsions. Not a problem, as I have another Rolleiflex body that reads them just fine).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin