Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,469   Online: 948

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hasselblad darkslide usage

Hello all!

I have a 503cx with an A12 magazine. Since I have read that the darkslide, with prolonged usage, can slowly damage the light trap, I was wondering if I could load and retrieve the film without using it. I would keep the camera cocked and load and retrieve the film while the magazine is attached to the camera. I would detach only the film holder inside the magazine.

Is this possible? I have not tried it yet because I fear damaging the camera. I faithfully await for your advice.

Thank you very much and please forgive me for my bad English: I am not a native speaker.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Using the dark slide is fine. I wouldn't worry about damaging the light trap. If the dark slide ever gets damaged it can easily be replaced. If you're careful when you insert the darkslide (straight, not at an angle) the light traps will last a long time.
    Last edited by Barry S; 09-05-2013 at 10:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    light trap maintenance in the Hasselblad is very easy and can be done home with no hassle at all.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    But yes you can do it all with out the use of the dark slide.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can change your film without removing the back. You don't need the darkslide---I often just leave mine at home if I'm out for the day.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the dark slide when I am not taking photographs or I want to change film type mid roll. It is cheap and easy to change light traps. No worry.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    There is nothing wrong with the hasselblad darkslide and you should make use of it.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you all for your useful advices!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    you can load a film any time you want without a dark slide.

it is desirable you do it in subdued light at least back to Sun to keep film inshade.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Actually i believe the light trap will decay anyway and so forth it is recommended to change it once a year regardless of usage. You can get them cheap off ebay or order factory replacments and it really is very easy to change them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin