Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,453   Online: 900

Shooter
    Multi Format

Question on Mamiya Sekor 55/4.5 for Mamiya C TLR

I just received this lens after won a bid on ebay today but the C330F which I received early is on CLA. After inspect the cosmetic condition, I start to test the lens and found 2 issue.

1. When the M-X syncro selector is at "X", everything looks fine. But when I turn to "M" I cock the shutter and push the release lever, the cock hit back but not fully and the diaphram don't open and close as it should. I have to push "a little" so the diaphram will work, open and close according to speed I set. Is this normal?

2. Does this lens aperture ring has click stop? On 80/2.8 blue dot it has, but this 55 I just got hasn't.

Thanks for the answer in advance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Leave the flash sync on X. Unless you need flash bulbs for some reason, you don't need it. It is an extra delay gear and on many. many leaf shutters it gets sticky with disuse.

Not all black Seiko shutters have click stop apertures. You trade off being able to set it blind by counting clicks for being able to set fractional stops easier.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin