Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,464   Online: 1107

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are several threads about the differences between these lenses right here on APUG. Do a quick search while you are waiting for others to reply to this thread.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Shawn,

I have started a few threads about the RB67 wide angles (particularly when I was looking to buy), and I have looked through some others, but I don't recall ever seeing a post from someone who had both lenses (the 50 C and the 65 KL). I was just hoping there was someone who has used them both.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nwilkins View Post
    Hi Shawn,

I have started a few threads about the RB67 wide angles (particularly when I was looking to buy), and I have looked through some others, but I don't recall ever seeing a post from someone who had both lenses (the 50 C and the 65 KL). I was just hoping there was someone who has used them both.

I did a lot of looking around before buying my 65mm and if memory serves (and often times it doesn't... =) APUG member keithwms has used both.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    okay thanks very much Shawn!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In the infos about the lenses from Mamiya (found in the web) you will be informed about the advantages and disadvantages of the lenses. The 65 mm wide angle is described to have not the distortion than the 50 mm lens. Therefore I have bought the 65 mm lens and are more than satisfied with it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The lighthouse shots and the other ones next to it are suitably sharp and free of chromatic distortion. The guy with both types of problems may have a vision problem, a cockpit problem or a bad lens. Check those out first.
    Logan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by whlogan View Post
    The lighthouse shots and the other ones next to it are suitably sharp and free of chromatic distortion. The guy with both types of problems may have a vision problem, a cockpit problem or a bad lens. Check those out first.
    Logan
    I wouldn't make those judgements based solely on a couple of images on the web. Viewing a negative on a light table with a loupe might be a better way to go...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    I wouldn't make those judgements based solely on a couple of images on the web. Viewing a negative on a light table with a loupe might be a better way to go...
    yes that's what I was going to say, or at least a 100% crop of a high res scan. otherwise those are some big assumptions. Also what kind of vision problem could possibly cause me to see CA in negatives taken with my 50mm lens, but not in those taken with my other lenses? Could such an eye condition really exist?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    FYI, some notes on the 50mm: http://rb67.helluin.org/lenses/50mm-f4-5c/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And another site mentioning the use of the ring to correct for chromatic aberation: http://www.seanesopenko.ca/2011/10/l...ya-rb67-pro-s/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin