Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,858   Posts: 1,583,112   Online: 927

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: WLF vs Prism?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello;
    Have two camera's that are equipped with both options, my K-60 and a M645. I shoot with both depending on what's being photographed. Nice to have options, but lean to the waistlevel finder. Steven.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Year after year i am trying to fix or complete my kit with film, and i have 3 issues so far with my film MF cameras wish i hope to fix sooner or later within time.

1. Mamiya RZ Pro II, the battery is draining, and i have having batteries cameras not rechargeable, but i found a battery model that is rechargeable to be used with my Mamiya RZ, hope this will solve the issue [didn't test it yet].

2. Mamiya 7II is still not working, could be the battery, also if no rechargeable battery i hate using it, so far i prefer those mechanical MF cameras with no batteries, but not sure if the issue is from battery or something else yet.

3. Hasselblad 501CM focusing screen is bad, i hardly can focus good, not like RZ screen which is superior for me than Hasselblad ones, i asked about it and got answers but not sure which options i should take before i spend money and not solving the issue. I have 2 different focusing screen [Matte and Matte-D] and both are awful to focus, so i am not sure if it is normal with Hasselblad or maybe there are better focusing screen.

Once i solve the 3 above issues then i will have more fun using film MF, for now the best film MF camera i have without issues and i love it is Fuji GSW690III, but it is a fixed lens and it is 6x9, not always i want that format even it is really lovely, the photos are so sharp and i am happy with it.

About the WLF vs. Prism, well, i get used to that WLF of RZ67II, but it is about focusing with me and still couldn't feel comfortable or get used the focusing with Hasselblad WLF, i don't know if i bought that Prism for Hasselblad it may solve the problem or make it easier to focus than WLF, but who knows, one day i hope to figure out the problem and manage to fix/solve it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've got a Beattie Intenscreen in my Hasselblad. It is a huge improvement over the original focussing screen.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    I've got a Beattie Intenscreen in my Hasselblad. It is a huge improvement over the original focussing screen.
    Great, even i got that option from one of the answers but i wasn't sure, in fact the problem was many gave me options but not reviews or impressions, so that i couldn't decide on anything, and now you told me about this model and you say it was a huge improvement then this will help a lot, and i will check out one and get it, thank you very much!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Tareq.. dump the RZ for an RB, that problem will be solved!.. and yu save a bunch opf cash for more lenses.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    Tareq.. dump the RZ for an RB, that problem will be solved!.. and yu save a bunch opf cash for more lenses.
    You are reading my mind, i was thinking to do that exactly, but i was not sure how much different in quality between the two and the functionality of both cameras, something inside my head telling me that RZ lenses are better than RB lenses, but i may be wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    Year after year i am trying to fix or complete my kit with film, and i have 3 issues so far with my film MF cameras wish i hope to fix sooner or later within time.

1. Mamiya RZ Pro II, the battery is draining, and i have having batteries cameras not rechargeable, but i found a battery model that is rechargeable to be used with my Mamiya RZ, hope this will solve the issue [didn't test it yet].

2. Mamiya 7II is still not working, could be the battery, also if no rechargeable battery i hate using it, so far i prefer those mechanical MF cameras with no batteries, but not sure if the issue is from battery or something else yet.

3. Hasselblad 501CM focusing screen is bad, i hardly can focus good, not like RZ screen which is superior for me than Hasselblad ones, i asked about it and got answers but not sure which options i should take before i spend money and not solving the issue. I have 2 different focusing screen [Matte and Matte-D] and both are awful to focus, so i am not sure if it is normal with Hasselblad or maybe there are better focusing screen.

Once i solve the 3 above issues then i will have more fun using film MF, for now the best film MF camera i have without issues and i love it is Fuji GSW690III, but it is a fixed lens and it is 6x9, not always i want that format even it is really lovely, the photos are so sharp and i am happy with it.

About the WLF vs. Prism, well, i get used to that WLF of RZ67II, but it is about focusing with me and still couldn't feel comfortable or get used the focusing with Hasselblad WLF, i don't know if i bought that Prism for Hasselblad it may solve the problem or make it easier to focus than WLF, but who knows, one day i hope to figure out the problem and manage to fix/solve it.
    Regarding the Hasselblad screens, I have an Matte-D in my 501CM with the 45 degree split prism and it's very difficult to use. On the other hand my RZ67 is a breeze to focus so I can definitely relate to what you are saying. I agree 100% in fact. I'm not sure if we just have bum focusing screens or are spoiled by the wonderful RZ screen, but either way I would say the Matte-D screen in my Hasselblad is only about 60% as good as the RZ screen.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tron_ View Post
    Regarding the Hasselblad screens, I have an Matte-D in my 501CM with the 45 degree split prism and it's very difficult to use. On the other hand my RZ67 is a breeze to focus so I can definitely relate to what you are saying. I agree 100% in fact. I'm not sure if we just have bum focusing screens or are spoiled by the wonderful RZ screen, but either way I would say the Matte-D screen in my Hasselblad is only about 60% as good as the RZ screen.
    So i may give that Beattie Intenscreen, it is very expensive for sure but in all cases if it will help me and give better performance in focusing then it will be all worthy, i don't want to throw my Hasselblad in bag collecting dust for favor to RZ.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    The money he'll lose for selling a "bad" body (if he is honest) won't save him a bunch of cash.

Plus, the RB lenses will work on the RZ.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mweintraub View Post
    The money he'll lose for selling a "bad" body (if he is honest) won't save him a bunch of cash.

Plus, the RB lenses will work on the RZ.
    True, but i can afford RB also not thinking about getting rid of RZ.

I am not thinking much about RZ/RB now, but one day i may think about getting RB too.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin