Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,382   Online: 1034

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

HELP! Fujifilm GA645 Problem, URGENT!

Hello,

I am out traveling on holiday with my Fuji GA645. I have just finished a roll of film when something has gone drastically wrong. After the 16th shot, instead of the film rewinding, the camera seems to have jammed and not rewinded. The shot count number (16 in this case) is flashing.

How do I recover from this? I dont want to lose the images on this roll of film.

Thank you for sending this urgent help! I am out on a trip making photographs and have lost the use of my camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Hello,

I am out traveling on holiday with my Fuji GA645. I have just finished a roll of film when something has gone drastically wrong. After the 16th shot, instead of the film rewinding, the camera seems to have jammed and not rewinded. The shot count number (16 in this case) is flashing.

How do I recover from this? I dont want to lose the images on this roll of film.

Thank you for sending this urgent help! I am out on a trip making photographs and have lost the use of my camera.
    Hmmm... I've had trouble with my Fuji GA645 on holiday in the past myself, so I empathise with you.

Maybe you could find a dark room (e.g., hotel bathroom with towel under the door), open the back, pop out the 120 spools, and then manually wind the rest of the film into the take up spool? As long as the film isn't bent or twisted in some weird way, I imagine this could possibly work and preserve your photos.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skysh4rk View Post
    Hmmm... I've had trouble with my Fuji GA645 on holiday in the past myself, so I empathise with you.

Maybe you could find a dark room (e.g., hotel bathroom with towel under the door), open the back, pop out the 120 spools, and then manually wind the rest of the film into the take up spool? As long as the film isn't bent or twisted in some weird way, I imagine this could possibly work and preserve your photos.
    Heh....the bathroom doors here are GLASS (frosted). No way to make this dark. I might put it under the thick bed sheets and pop it open and have a feel for what is going on under there. Very strange what is going on here. Horrible timing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Under the blanket in cabinet maybe? Do you have spare camera with you?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    Under the blanket in cabinet maybe? Do you have spare camera with you?
    Under the blanket is my best option it seems. I guess I should not wait any longer since I doubt there is better advice coming.

I have my Nikon FM2 with me, but not as much film as I'd like since I planned half or more of my shooting with the GA645.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Excuse my stupidity but the Fuji GA645 is MF camera and does not as far as I know rewind the film, the film ist wound onto the take up spool so you can open the camera in subdued daylight and remove the take up spool. Or do you mean it didn't reset the counter or stopped winding the film onto the take up spool. If the later is the case try a new battery.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe it is stuck in half way? Better to do it in darkness, then with finger if he feels that all film is on spool - then in subdued light is ok.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Excuse my stupidity but the Fuji GA645 is MF camera and does not as far as I know rewind the film, the film ist wound onto the take up spool so you can open the camera in subdued daylight and remove the take up spool. Or do you mean it didn't reset the counter or stopped winding the film onto the take up spool. If the later is the case try a new battery.
    Good point.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is a mid-roll wind-up button at the bottom plate. Maybe you can try to push that to see if you can force it to rewind. Also if it's low battery, you can take the battery out and have them rest for a while, re-insert them in. This may give you a little more extra battery life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK folks, heres the story. First, THANK YOU for everyone who responded. I panicked and I ran right for help. I put my GA645 under a blanket and popped it open. I felt in there and quickly discovered that the film was fully wound to the end. Very surprised I pulled it out from the blanket and found it was as I felt, fully wound to the end.

I was out shooting in a VERY loud environment and even though I was listening for the film wind to the end, I missed it.

Regarding the flashing 16 on the LCD, I am guessing that's normal. I always shut off my camera after the final wind and so never have looked there. This time since I thought the final wind did not occur, I didnt shut off my camera as usual.

So, everything seems OK. Great ending to this imaginary predicament.

Thanks again!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin