Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,969   Online: 816

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Options for 6X9

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Interesting thread.
    Below is the Speed with the Pentax 6x7 1:3.5 55mm adapted, for the RH/8 rollfilm holder.
    The whole thing weighs 8 pound ~4kg.
    I have to make a framing viewfinder for the 55mm, it won't need a rangefinder.

Last weekend at outdoor function I took a roll of Fuji 160 using the home-built 6x7 with the Pentax 90 mm ls
    Not processed yet. The home built is my favorite (of course) and I will be using it out and about tomorrow

At that function was the old friend who has given me his 1936 Nettar folder ( 6x9 and 105mm). I have Ektar in it.
    I asked him to take some with it, he took one photo, folded it up and continued using his point & shoot!

I have just purchased a Century Graphic 2x3 with Graftar 103/4.5 and the RH/10, should arrive soon.
    And on the way is an original flash for it.
    The advantage of this camera over the above ones is that it finally gives me a rangefinder on a lens standard for 6x7.
    So the first job will be checking the rangefinder on its gg and a test roll.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P67_55_Hood.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At least 4x5 Pacemaker Graphics have front swings, just loosen the clamp for the standard and depress the little flat spring in front of the clamp. Also the drop bed provides down tilt. Kludgy, I admit, but there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Outcome of the Quest: I've been following a number of auctions for 2X3 Graphics and filmbacks, Kodak Medalist IIs and assorted folders. I also contacted Ken Ruth and he kindly gave me some advice on Medalists. Although I was very interested in getting a Medalist II, the limited availability of the versions that I wanted, their price-points and odds of needing servicing finally led me to buy a Fuji GW690 Professional - basically going back to where this whole idea started. However, given the stories that have been told in this thread, I think it is possible that I may yet become acquainted with some of those other 6X9 options....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Fuji rangefinders are excellent cameras. I just wish they came with meters.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    I am glad my 690 does not have a meter or I would eat up way more film than I should.

Pardon any typos, I can't spell and I'm using my phone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    They do. Find a GL690 and the AE 100/3.5

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In a spectacular GAS attack I have also bought a 1949 Medalist II now....So, a shooting competition is in progress, and I will keep the one that I like the best. I have to say that the Medalist is certainly an original design. I am not having trouble with its ergonomics, but if I keep it I can see a day when the fussiness of rerolling 120 onto 620 spools may induce me to have Ken Ruth convert the feed side to take 120 directly.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    LOL the GAS has started.

FWIW, the 2x3 graphics are quite flexible cameras. But they do have their limitations and hindrances.

The fuji 69's are wonderful usable cameras. Their main limitation is just one lens. Their second drawback is only that they are big.. clown-sized big.

I will be interested to know what you think of the medalist in comparison.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by macrorie View Post
    In a spectacular GAS attack I have also bought a 1949 Medalist II now....So, a shooting competition is in progress, and I will keep the one that I like the best. I have to say that the Medalist is certainly an original design. I am not having trouble with its ergonomics, but if I keep it I can see a day when the fussiness of rerolling 120 onto 620 spools may induce me to have Ken Ruth convert the feed side to take 120 directly.
    My Medalist II (1945-1946) fully converted by Ken Ruth is the only MF that I have kept and that I am using.
    The price of the conversion is noticeable and put the Medalist in the same price points than the Fuji GW690 so you better be sure that you like it.
    Personaly for landscapes on a day when clouds move in and out before or after the rain loaded with HP5, that is my favourite camera (outside of using my 4x5 but that is a different animal altogether).

Cheers,

Luc
    Field # ShenHao XPO45 - Monorail # Sinar F2
    Multi format P&S 4x5, 6x12, 6x9 # Chamonix Saber
    6x6 # Minolta Autocord, 6x9 # Kodak Medalist

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I can't wait for your comparison report. I got a folder a long time ago (can't even remember what it is right now) that stays on the self and was only used once to verify it's operation. Glad to see there are around 4 or 5 of us here who still have/use our Mamiya Press cameras. I need to get it out and run some film through it.

For the record, I think other than getting a new Fuji camera, you will have to have any camera CLA'ed as a minimum anymore since most of the medium format equipment is 20+ years old.....if not older. Crap, I just figured out my Super 23 is around 45 years old.....wow.

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin