Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,900   Posts: 1,555,796   Online: 870

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M645

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any chance the shutter release lock is partially engaged?

Assuming of course, that that model has a shutter release lock.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mr rusty View Post
    Yes, obviously something not quite right. Mine is really light. perhaps it's been knocked at some time and has a very slight bend in it? If all looks straight, I would probably try a little light oil to see if it helps Is there any gunk around the shutter at all?
    That's something I would only try with a repair manual in front of me. There is nothing to make a situation worse than not knowing any better. I am not wanting this to go to camera heaven yet.

I've been looking for a repair manual all over. Any links? All I found were sites charging for them. As I am a recent outsourcing victim, that's a game I cannot play.
    Get it right in the camera, the first time...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Any chance the shutter release lock is partially engaged?

Assuming of course, that that model has a shutter release lock.
    This is what I suspect. If I place the lock halfway and then edge it towards unlock while having gentle pressure on the trigger, the next trigger is effortless. Next cock and we are back to a little stuff.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello;
    Had this problem on my M645 body. Remove advance knob and peel back the leatherette to expose screws. Get the side panel off and will expose the shutter switch. This has a screw that retains this and backs off. Straighten up the switch and tighten the screw, you should be good to go. Hope this helps, Steven.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When you refer to the advance knob, do you mean the clip-on part or the whole assembly?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello;
    The whole knob, the release is on the outer circumference. This should be covered in the owner's manual. Just proceed with caution, Steven.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin