Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,496   Posts: 1,543,050   Online: 1015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M645

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

M645

I have a Mamiya 645 for about 9-10 months now and enjoy the feel of the camera. I welcome change from my Kiev 88cm with my many ultra leaky backs (only objection to that camera).

My problem with the 645 is a sometimes stiff trigger. It causes me to jerk the camera slightly. Just enough to lose sharpness. What I don't understand is sometimes the trigger is quite smooth. I also have a motorwind unit for it and it suffers the same fate. I was hoping the the consistent trigger motion would solve this.

Is there actually something wrong / worn? Is there an adjustment or something I can do?
    Get it right in the camera, the first time...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How are you triggering the camera---directly on the body, or is there something in between (like the auxiliary grip, or a cable release) that might be the source of the problem?

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have used a cable release just to see if it was just how I struck trigger....same problem. I normally directly use the trigger, but I will use the winder if I go somewhere....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It isn't a problem I've experienced with my 645, anyway. It sounds like something wrong somewhere in the linkage.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Images
    I only had a M645 for a short time but doesn't it have 2 shutter release buttons. One on the front by the lens and one on top by the viewfinder. Try the other one and see if it's smoother.

Sounds like a CLA is in order.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the only other button on the top is battery test button. Maybe you had a different model.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There should be one shutter button on the top of the camera and one on the front which is the one that takes a cable release. Also, if I remember correctly the front shutter release has a locking ring. Maybe check that you don't have that partly locked?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There should be one shutter button on the top of the camera and one on the front which is the one that takes a cable release
    M645J doesn't have thetop release. Sure this isnt just the mirror slap when the mirror releases? it is a bit heavy, but occurs after the shutter is fired.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is the M645J.

adelorenzo: I double checked the lock. Free and clear

mr rusty: I got used to mirror slap and weight from my Kiev. The shake is from me polling to the right caused by the stiff button. On a tripod fired with a cable all is fine.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    stiff button
    Yes, obviously something not quite right. Mine is really light. perhaps it's been knocked at some time and has a very slight bend in it? If all looks straight, I would probably try a little light oil to see if it helps Is there any gunk around the shutter at all?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin