Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,774   Posts: 1,516,634   Online: 1102

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Replacement dome for Gossen Digipro F

The other day I was out shooting with a friend of mine and was using my Gossen Digipro F light meter. The dome has always been a little loose and somehow while the light meter was swinging by my side, the dome fell off.

We searched and searched, retracing our steps, only to find the dome on the ground crushed beyond repair. I'm not sure if someone accidently stepped on it, ran it over with a car, whatever. But the dome is crushed and I am left with a dysfunctional light meter.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement dome? I tried contacting Gossen but have not recieved anything from them

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also, they have a dome for the Luna Star F2 on their website but I am unsure wether that would fit on my Digipro F.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At their site they got got an order form for small parts that can replaced by the owner. If that dome is of that kind they sure will sell it to you.
    Otherwise the would expect you to sent your meter in for repair.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dead one from the bay & salvage it.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try these guys: http://www.criscam.com/ I believe they're authorized factory service now for Gossen (among others).

Also, Quality Light Metric in Hollyweird. If they have the part, they'll probably sell you one.

Quality Light Metric Co.
    7060 Hollywood Blvd
    Ste 415
    Hollywood, CA 90068
    (323) 467-2265

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been trying to get into touch with the customer support at Manfrotto but have not gotten a reply back from them. When I finally talked to someone, he told me he would call back and never did.

This is starting to really worry me because I really need this meter and have been unable to get a dome for it

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    see post #3

Alternatively you could mail their service man. His address is on the Gossen site too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's a great meter but always strikes me as a little on the delicate side for the money. Wonderfully accurate though. I've calibrated all my cameras against it from a test set using Velvia. The Gossen was spot on (the F4, F100 and D700 were off by up to a stop either way, but the FM3a was right on the money).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    see post #3

Alternatively you could mail their service man. His address is on the Gossen site too.
    I went to their site after reading your post but unfortunately could not find that form.

Quote Originally Posted by xtolsniffer View Post
    It's a great meter but always strikes me as a little on the delicate side for the money. Wonderfully accurate though. I've calibrated all my cameras against it from a test set using Velvia. The Gossen was spot on (the F4, F100 and D700 were off by up to a stop either way, but the FM3a was right on the money).
    It really is a great meter, I've been using it for a little over a year now and it has never let me down. The readings, as you mentioned, are super accurate. But I agree it is a little on the delicate side. I'm very easy on my gear and the swivel portion already has a significant amount of play in it. Can't say I'm too happy with their customer support either . Almost makes me wish I looked at some of the Sekonic offerings a little more closely.

In a last ditch effort, I've ordered a replacement dome for a Luna Star F2 from B&H. That will be here Friday (hopefully) just in time for an important weekend shoot. I looked at the Luna Star F2 manual and the pictures showing how the dome mounts looks exactly like my DigiPro's.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At least without the dome you can still use it as a reflectance meter, just take along a grey card...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin