Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,694   Posts: 1,482,498   Online: 1035

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have a Rollei Magic. Doesn't work (of course). And I also find it to be a bit ugly compared with the classic look of the Rolleiflex and Rolleicord.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I saw one of those Magic model at a local antique store. They wanted 350.00 bucks!! it was in aweful condition and read later that the Magic was consumer for masses cameram all kinds of problems accociated with it. I could tell first off when I looked at it , it was cheaply constructed. I guess every company has produced a mistake.

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Love talking about Rollei's.. I know what you mean about gorgous depth of field attributes. It's awesome when you can shoot something ordinary and make look like piece of art work. agian ..

ToddB
    I agree! :-)

Around Albany Rolleiflex3-5E3 Xenotar Plus-X Rodinal by rich8155 (Richard Sintchak), on Flickr
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Love talking about Rollei's.. I know what you mean about gorgous depth of field attributes. It's awesome when you can shoot something ordinary and make look like piece of art work. agian .. I'm privilaged to own two Rollei's the Tesser 3.5f and the 3.5f. Got them both worked over by Harry last year. They are the most perfect camera IMHO. Super hight quality, compact design and just a little dynmo of camera. Love it!! A year or so ago, I was looking on line at images, and every single time one I saw an awesome image it was shot with a Rolleiflex TLR. I was hooked.

ToddB
    I know what you mean. I bought a Rolleiflex T2 in 2004. It was like new, meter working fine and came with a lot of extras: nice round model prism finder, special back for sheet film holders, 4 or 5 of these holders, inserts for 6x6 and 6x4.5 cm negatives, brown leather carrying case for WLF finder and the prism finder.
    I couldn't resist, so I bought it.
    However, I moved later that year and didn't have the time to use it yet. I finally laded a film recently, made some test shots to see how it opperates and if the light meter was still reliable.
    It was a pleasure to use the camera and I was amazed by the quality of the images.

Reading this post today, made me wanna find out how old my camera really is.
    I checked some sites and had an other surprise. It seems my camera isn't a T2 model but a T1. It has grey leather and serial number 2106651. So the guy who sold it to me was in error. It seems this one is of the first production year 1958, so almost 55 years old now.
    Go figure.
    I don't know if the T2 model is supposed to be the better one, but I just love my TLR all the same!

My lens is a Carl Zeiss Tessar 1:3.5 f=75 mm. The serial number is 1670170. Can anyone tell me if this could be the original lens?
    Last edited by TheToadMen; 09-26-2013 at 04:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* "So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it. Thank you." (the original Willy Wonka: Gene Wilder, 1971)
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I own a T version.. It has the Fantastic Tessar lens on it. It's not Grey version which is a beautiful camera , but it's black leather version. After I got it back from Fleenor, it works like fine swiss watch. Boy does it turn heads when I'm shooting with it. It's very exciting to load it up with fim and knowing that it will perform and exeeds my expectation on image quality. I will say that light meter is kind of wonkie.

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    My lens is a Carl Zeiss Tessar 1:3.5 f=75 mm. The serial number is 1670170. Can anyone tell me if this could be the original lens?
    I'm sure it is---no one ever changes the lens on a TLR, do they? It seems fantastically difficult to do the calibration properly without the original factory tooling.

The Vade Mecum says the CZJ range of serial numbers from 1953-59 was 1,100,000-2,600,000, so yours would be somewhere in the mid-1950s, quite consistent with a 1958 body. I've read that Zeiss are happy to look up the exact date in response to email.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin