Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,807   Posts: 1,581,452   Online: 1106

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: testing lenses

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Better is the enemy of good enough. Which viewing angle better fits your photographic view of the world? Can you see yourself coming upon scenes where you would need one more often than the other?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have both 50mm and 65mm lenses for my RB67.

I wouldn't want to have just one of them - they both make excellent negatives and slides for me (when I use them properly), but they make very different negatives and slides for me.

I own and use way more wide angle lenses than longer focal length lenses.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello;
    I would be concerned about if the lenses were focusing properly on my camera. A depth of field tests or placing a ground glass on the inner film rails would be my greatest concern. Does not matter how sharp a lens is when the image is not focused on the film. By the way, I would keep both lenses, Steven.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin