Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,881   Posts: 1,520,510   Online: 831

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mweintraub View Post
    I'm not posting it in here (APUG) because it's against the rules... but I'm not going to also mention a Nikon D70s because of it's high sync rate (1/500).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any current Canon/Nikon P&S will do the job, even there is a very capable Fuji P&S camera that is popular nowadays, i do sometimes use a DSLR for instant result before i click on film more or rather than just i trust a light meter, i have a digital light meter so this will put me in digital side anyway, with camera i can have a better composition and result to see so i know what i can get with film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by j-dogg View Post
    Because disregard the rules and jumping over to a digital forum when this is advice for a film camera, and medium format to boot.

Hybrid shooter here, I have a Mamiya 645 1000s I've been using and I lug around my Canon 5d usually anyway to shoot digital. I would advise finding an old Digital Rebel / 300d, you can find them for 100 bucks now, and they have a max ap. on the kit lens of 3.5 on the wide end and 5.6 on the tele. Image quality isn't too bad but the preview screen is small, you could try a Rebel XTi / 400d which has a larger screen that I also use for this purpose. Even then, especially if you are in a studio, you could download the images off the camera with a card reader and check them on a much bigger computer screen.

Compacts....I would avoid when you can get a 300d that cheap, typically they have a little better dynamic range than a compact.
    EXACTLY ...!
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin