Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,505   Online: 687

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Strange, I'd never noticed it with my Volna 80 (or my Vega 90). I've got a roll of Delta3200 I shot yesterday with it, I'll see if there's anything swirly there.
    But more than likely I just haven't shot the right scene to show it off.

The best lens that I've got for that effect is the Cyclop (or Helios) 85/1.5 for 35mm. That's equivalent of a 135/2.4 on a 6x6. I still get some swirlies with that lens on my d***l, that's like putting a 215/3.8 lens on a 6x6.
    But there's no equivalent to the cyclop in 6x6 unfortunately, without going to a real brass petzval...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    ....The best lens that I've got for that effect is the Cyclop (or Helios) 85/1.5 for 35mm. ....But there's no equivalent to the cyclop in 6x6 unfortunately, without going to a real brass petzval...
    I agree! I also have the Helios 85mm f1.5, and to get the bokeh that I bought the lens for, I have to use it pretty much wide open. I know of no other lens that has the same results in 6x6.
    —Eric

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Belar lenses, 80/3.5, used for most of Flexarets were relatively good in swirling.
    || Cezary Żemis <cezary.zemis@pronet.pl> | www.cezaryzemis.name
    || ph.:+49 176 7327 8527|skype:cezzem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yashica D w/Yashikor lens, shot f/3.5, trees about 15-20ft behind the sculpture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img033.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin