Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,695   Posts: 1,549,031   Online: 991

Shooter
    Multi Format

Mamiya TLR lens issue

Happy Friday!

i recently purchased a c33 body and have been looking at lens to go with this beauty. It seems that there is an issue in the case of some lenses where they won't fit the c33 or the c330. I am currently looking at a 135mm f4 that has mamiyaflex-c professional written on the cap. Will I have an issue with this fitting the c33?

Cheers,

Hawke.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you reviewed Graham Patterson's Mamiya TLR resource? http://www.gapatterson.com/grahamp

It may depend on which shutter is in the lens you are considering.

By the way, I think you may mean 135mm f/4.5.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.gapatterson.com/grahamp/

The lenses with 1/400 Seikosha MX shutters and Seikosha S 18cm lens will not fit the C-33 and later bodies. I own an 18cm S and can attest to this. The shutter body is slightly bigger and binds the cameras self cocking lever, plus the cocking arm does not engage as it sits higher.
    Last edited by Rick A; 09-28-2013 at 05:23 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you! I didn't realize this resource was there

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkegihm View Post
    Thank you! I didn't realize this resource was there
    Then you probably haven't realized that the resource's author is here on APUG - search for posts by grahamp.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Seikosha-S or a black Seiko shutter version should be fine on a C33. The only scary thing about the 135mm is it has the shutter mounted behind all the glass.

Since I had to move my Mamiya pages off the original UK server (which is no more), they do not come up in search engines as readily.
    http://www.gapatterson.org should always find them.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin