Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,857   Posts: 1,583,068   Online: 890

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    I owned an S2a for a short while. I bought it to compare it to my EC's to see which I liked better. I preferred the EC but that is probably because I was used to it. I know some about early Bronica cameras but I am not an expert on them.

The shutter speed dial is a little strange looking. I noticed that on mine but I know of no attachment.

There were no 645 backs for early Bronica's that I am aware of.

I googled the PDF of the instructions to see what you were talking about intermediate shutter speeds. It didn't make sense to me either. I have noticed with some Japanese camera gear the instructions don't always translate well.

Lift the wings and pull up on the connector and it should come off. Remember that these cameras are pretty old.

There is only one helicoid so you have no worries there. Buy any lens you want.

You can check the accuracy of the shutter with a shutter speed tester. Most S2a's bought off Ebay are probably in need of a CLA.

I'm a firm believer in quality tripods rated for at least the weight of your camera. I never had a problem with mirror slap. I don't remember ever shooting at 1/15 or slower but it shouldn't be a problem.

Yes, the matte side of the focussing screen should be facing down towards the mirror and the fresnel (shiny side) pointing up.

There was recently a book published on the early Bronica's you may be interested in.

Good luck to you and I hope I was able to help.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Καλησπέρα Γιώργο,

Μπορώ να σε βοηθήσω σε ότι θέλεις απλά στείλε μήνυμα.
    Είμαι συλλέκτης και τεχνικός Bronica.

Ευχαριστώ,
    Θεόφιλος

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by theo120mm View Post
    Καλησπέρα Γιώργο,

Μπορώ να σε βοηθήσω σε ότι θέλεις απλά στείλε μήνυμα.
    Είμαι συλλέκτης και τεχνικός Bronica.

Ευχαριστώ,
    Θεόφιλος
    It's all Greek to me!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    It's all Greek to me!
    Sorry that I replied in Greek to the OP but you know .... GREEKS

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    I owned an S2a for a short while. I bought it to compare it to my EC's to see which I liked better. I preferred the EC but that is probably because I was used to it. I know some about early Bronica cameras but I am not an expert on them.

The shutter speed dial is a little strange looking. I noticed that on mine but I know of no attachment.

There were no 645 backs for early Bronica's that I am aware of.

I googled the PDF of the instructions to see what you were talking about intermediate shutter speeds. It didn't make sense to me either. I have noticed with some Japanese camera gear the instructions don't always translate well.

Lift the wings and pull up on the connector and it should come off. Remember that these cameras are pretty old.

There is only one helicoid so you have no worries there. Buy any lens you want.

You can check the accuracy of the shutter with a shutter speed tester. Most S2a's bought off Ebay are probably in need of a CLA.

I'm a firm believer in quality tripods rated for at least the weight of your camera. I never had a problem with mirror slap. I don't remember ever shooting at 1/15 or slower but it shouldn't be a problem.

Yes, the matte side of the focussing screen should be facing down towards the mirror and the fresnel (shiny side) pointing up.

There was recently a book published on the early Bronica's you may be interested in.

Good luck to you and I hope I was able to help.
    Alan, thank you. You really helped me.

Probably my tripod is not sturdy enough.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello again to the members of the community!

Playing with my camera I found something interesting. The helicoid unit seems to have a screw mount. I measured it and it's about 58mm. I searched the net for "M58 mount" and seems that there is no such thing.

Does anyone knows more about it? Sounds really interesting as many lenses with a proper adapter could be adapted.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I haven't done this myself with my Bronica S2 or EC-TL, but I have read of people who find appropriate caps that screw into those threads, mill out holes in them, and mount this or that lens as they wish. Check out this discussion, for example:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/bronica...7629934275374/

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Quote Originally Posted by geostog View Post
    Hello again.
    The shutter speed dial seems to have some kind of bayonet fitting, just like many cameras. Is it just design or I can actually mount something there?
    It's used for connecting the meter attachment. iirc 57mm, there was a nikkor leaf shutter lens that was screwed in and I think a few misc lenses were screwed in as well.
    Last edited by studioesper; 10-11-2013 at 01:05 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    the 105mm nikkor leaf has its own helicoid - the lens is incompatible with the normal helicoid.
    the thread that you have discovered is the 57mm x 1 thread. it is primarily, but not exclusively for the mounting of the standard macro rings. users for years have successfully mounted all sorts of non-bronica lens to this camera because of this 57mm x 1 thread. none of the standard bronica lens - including the old nikon rangerfinder lens that could be fitted on, use this thread. the bayonet mount on the inside of the shutter speed ring is for the old flash-sidebar attachment. they occasionally turn up on eee-bay.

hope this helps

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you for your replies.

@el wacho: What do you mean mounting macro rings? Also, searching the net I found no such size caps or anything related to that.

@Trask: The idea seems interesting but I fear the execution might be tricky

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin