Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,176   Online: 685

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    A couple more points.

One of the neat things about the Bronica is that, you can use alternative lenses on it, if you can figure a way to attach them. There's threading on the barrel of the bayonet of the camera that might accept the right sized filter. Go from there. Wider angles might not be possible, because they would need to be sufficiently retro-focused to work. You might also need close-up attachments for longer focal length lenses. On a related topic, the bellows closeup attachment can be used with alternative lenses and still focus at infinity.

If you decide to change 50mm lenses, Bronica made multi-coated 50mm and 40mm lenses that didn't exhibit as much flare. (f2.8 and f4 respectively.) They're pretty rare.

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you don't see any degradation of image quality in a print and the fungus is dead then I wouldn't worry about it.

If the fungus is alive it will grow and eventually etch your lens if it isn't removed. An etched lens reduces contrast.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    @Neil: I've been looking for Zenzanon lenses and I have to admit they are hard to find, especially the wide angle ones.
    I could give bellows a try. If I have a chance of getting one of course.
    I am now thinking of 3D printing some caps with a hole or with a M42 or M39 mount. It's easy to find companies to print for you but the tough is to make the 3D model.

@Alan: From some prints only I can see no effect on image quality. Maybe I should take some more controlled shots to determine if there is actually a spot or not.
    I don't really think there is risk of the fungus being alive. It's just a spot, not really dense, but its there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin