Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,447   Online: 931

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mamiya RB lens

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My RB67 arrived yesterday i think because they called me yesterday to take it from post office, but i couldn't get it yesterday, so today i received from there.

It came with just WLF, no film back and nothing else, it is really in excellent condition or as they rated it "LN", now i will wait a bit then i will order the back and the lens.

Does that RZ back working on RB body?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post

It came with just WLF, no film back and nothing else, it is really in excellent condition or as they rated it "LN", now i will wait a bit then i will order the back and the lens.

Does that RZ back working on RB body?
    You need one of the RB backs - the RZ backs won't work.

They come in three versions - Pro, Pro-S, Pro-SD.

Is your RB a Pro, Pro-S or Pro-SD model? And did it include the rotating back adapter? You will need the rotating back adapter to use the standard backs.

The initial, Pro version does not include all the interlocks that later versions have. So it is possible to forget to take out the dark slide, or advance the film before taking your next shot.

The Pro-S and Pro-SD bodies add those safety interlocks, but the interlocks only work if you use a Pro-S or Pro-SD back.

The Pro and Pro-S backs depend on foam light seals. The Pro-SD backs don't require them.

All three backs can fit on and work with all three models - it is just the interlocks that matter (mostly) when comparing the different versions.

Technically the backs consist of two parts - the outer shell and the inner insert - but almost all the functionality is on the inserts. The only thing to remember, though is that you need to match the shells and inserts. You cannot use a Pro insert with a Pro-S shell, for instance. Each of the shells and inserts are clearly marked as to which version they are.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    You need one of the RB backs - the RZ backs won't work.

They come in three versions - Pro, Pro-S, Pro-SD.

Is your RB a Pro, Pro-S or Pro-SD model? And did it include the rotating back adapter? You will need the rotating back adapter to use the standard backs.

The initial, Pro version does not include all the interlocks that later versions have. So it is possible to forget to take out the dark slide, or advance the film before taking your next shot.

The Pro-S and Pro-SD bodies add those safety interlocks, but the interlocks only work if you use a Pro-S or Pro-SD back.

The Pro and Pro-S backs depend on foam light seals. The Pro-SD backs don't require them.

All three backs can fit on and work with all three models - it is just the interlocks that matter (mostly) when comparing the different versions.

Technically the backs consist of two parts - the outer shell and the inner insert - but almost all the functionality is on the inserts. The only thing to remember, though is that you need to match the shells and inserts. You cannot use a Pro insert with a Pro-S shell, for instance. Each of the shells and inserts are clearly marked as to which version they are.
    Thank you very much for this detailed post.

Mine is RB67 Pro-SD, and i look for 6x7 back not 6x4.5 one, i will make sure i get the correct back, i saw some on ebay and keh, but i can'r decide yet on which yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you very much for this detailed post.

Mine is RB67 Pro-SD, and i look for 6x7 back not 6x4.5 one, i will make sure i get the correct back, i saw some on ebay and keh, but i can'r decide yet on which yet.
    If you can find one, a Pro-SD back will be newer, and give you the most functionality.

I note that KEH has a Pro-SD back listed currently. It is somewhat expensive, but they often don't last long on that site.

A Pro-S back would certainly be functional.

Did your camera come with the rotating back adapter? If it came from KEH, the listing would have usually said so.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    If you can find one, a Pro-SD back will be newer, and give you the most functionality.

I note that KEH has a Pro-SD back listed currently. It is somewhat expensive, but they often don't last long on that site.

A Pro-S back would certainly be functional.

Did your camera come with the rotating back adapter? If it came from KEH, the listing would have usually said so.
    Well, i have to check out my camera again, i bought mine from KEH in fact, if they didn't list it as LN then i may think it is NEW, so i will try if i can find the back from same site before it is gone, i found the back on ebay new and used, so i will keep my eyes on all sites i can find.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another news: just came back from Dubai, brought my RZ lens 110mm f2.8 from FedEx office there that is open 24/7, can't wait to test this lens on RZ even i am not much with RZ electronic things and that battery issue which i bought RB for that reason specifically.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I ordered the lens 90mm f3.5 KL, and i hope maybe next month or if i get my money paid to me as soon as possible then i will order the back and maybe another lens which is 127mm KL for RB Pro-SD, but i feel maybe i should look for something else such as wider lens [50/65] or at least a macro lens, what do you think?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The lens came and i delivered it from post office today, the box is sealed so i hope it is really new, will open it later, but i am planning to order the film back maybe next week or end of this month, can't wait to use RB67.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I ordered the lens 90mm f3.5 KL, and i hope maybe next month or if i get my money paid to me as soon as possible then i will order the back and maybe another lens which is 127mm KL for RB Pro-SD, but i feel maybe i should look for something else such as wider lens [50/65] or at least a macro lens, what do you think?
    I use the 65mm the most on my rb. I usually carry that lens and a 127 unless I am shooting portraits in which case i use the 150SF. Note that lens has marginal performance when not using it in SF mode. The 127 on the other hand is exceptionally sharp and I always use it in favor of the 90 (a focal length I am not comfortable with).

Good luck. Get a chimney viewer, the 65mm, a pistol grip handle, and go shooting handheld.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    I use the 65mm the most on my rb. I usually carry that lens and a 127 unless I am shooting portraits in which case i use the 150SF. Note that lens has marginal performance when not using it in SF mode. The 127 on the other hand is exceptionally sharp and I always use it in favor of the 90 (a focal length I am not comfortable with).

Good luck. Get a chimney viewer, the 65mm, a pistol grip handle, and go shooting handheld.

tim in san jose
    Ok, so from your post i think i may go with 2 lenses instead of one, 65mm and 127mm.

What is a chimney viewer?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin