Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,332   Online: 865

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mamiya RB lens

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    Ok, so from your post i think i may go with 2 lenses instead of one, 65mm and 127mm.

What is a chimney viewer?
    My 2 lens kit is a 65mm and the 140mm macro lens.

The chimney viewer is a hard-sided waist-level finder. There are various versions - some have switchable magnifiers, and some have metering. The latest version (PDN???) of the metering chimney finder uses a modern battery (PX28) and modern light sensors.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    Ok, so from your post i think i may go with 2 lenses instead of one, 65mm and 127mm.

What is a chimney viewer?
    Tall plastic square tapered tube with a magnifier in it. Fits on top of the body replacing either the pop up viewer or the prism. Mine is the simple one.

I just happen to like using it.

The 65mm is one pretty lens.

tim
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, the RB body i ordered came with a WLV, so whatever it is i will accept it, i am not sure what accessories i should replace or get for that WLV, will give it a test later and i hope it is similar or same as RZ ProII WLV because i love it, but who knows.

Well, i am not in rush for lenses, i used 50mm a lot on my RZ67 and it is a fantastic lens, sometimes it has that distortion or not parallel lines, but i learnt how to make it straight mostly, and i think 65mm will be a better FL over 50mm, at then end i can use RB lenses on RZ, so 65mm may be better for RB/RZ over 50mm on RZ.

I was thinking about a macro lens, but honestly speaking i feel either i stay in digital with Macro or buy a macro lens for Hasselblad 6x6 rather than Mamiya 6x7.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Finally, the system kit is complete, whatever i buy more are just bonus and not in rush.

Just came back from post office with some packages, including Mamiya RB 127mm KL and RB film back 6x7, also i got a Panoramic adapter 135 for my Mamiya 7II, almost done with RB until i can afford 2 lenses, one wide and one long, for now i can enjoy using either 90mm or 127mm and i can't wait to see the quality of using RB comparing to RZ.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe i will test my RB on Friday, so which lens i should start with to test, 90mm or 127mm?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, i did shoot today just few minutes ago with 90mm, i used an expired film, TMAX 400, expired on 09/2009, so will see if it is still good and if the camera is functioning perfectly or not, can't wait to see the results [nothing that is exciting for you].

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Post your results. I'd like to see them. I just bought a pair of RB67's that should be showing up today with aluminum hard case, WLF, Metered Prism Finder, 2x converter, 2 120 backs, 1 220 back, 90mm F3.8 and 180mmF4.5. I can't wait to give them a once over and try them out!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by micwag2 View Post
    Post your results. I'd like to see them. I just bought a pair of RB67's that should be showing up today with aluminum hard case, WLF, Metered Prism Finder, 2x converter, 2 120 backs, 1 220 back, 90mm F3.8 and 180mmF4.5. I can't wait to give them a once over and try them out!
    Ok, the film exposed is in the fridge now and i am busy right now, in few hours i will start to process the film and see if the results are fine enough, but don't expect the images are of something interesting, it is just my house interior design but with 90mm it is so tight and later i will buy a wider lens, but hope the results you will find them as good enough for you to start with your kit.

Congrats in advance!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, the roll film is done and ready to be used [print, scanned,...etc], i will post something from that roll sooner or later, i got busy yesterday afternoon/evening our time date [Sunday], now it is after midnight and i don't think i am ready to post something, hope tomorrow i will be ready so you can see the results i've got with RB-ProSD+90mmKL+120-6x7 using TMAX400 film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another update: i saw a brand new Mamiya RB 65mm lens on ebay, stated as last one, and they reduced the price a bit, so even it was expensive i couldn't hold myself and pulled a trigger on that lens with some another items, yesterday or before yesterday [Saturday] when i used my 90mm for first time inside the house [interior] i still love wider lenses, i have 50mm RZ one, so wanted to have different FL so i can use that on RZ too if i want.

Now i feel i want to buy 1 or 2 last lenses and not sure what to get, a macro lens? TS? ... something else?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin