Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,918   Online: 972

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mamiya RB lens

Shooter
    Multi Format

Mamiya RB lens

Hi again,

I am thinking to buy Mamiya RB67 because i don't like my RZ battery longevity, but i am not sure which lens to get, mostly i was thinking to buy 1 of 2 lenses on standard FL, either 90mm or 127mm, i am having 50/180 for my RZ and buying 110mm even i am not much with RZ, still i like that RZ handling and focusing and always having sharp amazing shots, don't get me wrong, i will not give up R, but i will use RB when i feel i will go out for long time and worry about battery running out.

So what do you recommend me as a lens between the two [90mm, 127mm]?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The 90 would be a good theoretical split between the two and if needed you can crop to the 127's view.

Why not just carry a spare battery or two?
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would go for the 90 also.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    The 90 would be a good theoretical split between the two and if needed you can crop to the 127's view.

Why not just carry a spare battery or two?
    The battery is difficult to find in my country, and i will do that for sure but it annoy me when this happen and sometimes i forget to carry a spare battery and suddenly i find out that the battery is ran out, with mechanical RB i will never worry about that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    I would go for the 90 also.

Jeff
    Well then, 2 votes for 90mm, it will be the choice, and one day i may add 127mm if necessary but i don't think so.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 127mm lens is relatively quite small.

I would tend to make my decision based on which of the wider lenses I had - pair a 90mm with a 50mm or a 127mm with a 65mm.

In my case, I now have neither. My "small" kit is a 65mm and a 140mm macro lens.

My "large" kit adds one or both of the 50mm and the 180mm.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    The 127mm lens is relatively quite small.

I would tend to make my decision based on which of the wider lenses I had - pair a 90mm with a 50mm or a 127mm with a 65mm.

In my case, I now have neither. My "small" kit is a 65mm and a 140mm macro lens.

My "large" kit adds one or both of the 50mm and the 180mm.
    For my RZ i have 50mm and 180mm and later will add that 110mm, but for my RB i think i want a standard lens that is not so wide and not so long, 90 and 127 both are medium focal lengths from what i read and see, so that i am thinking about one of them, maybe i tend for slightly wider which is 90mm, but i said if that i may add 127mm later if 90mm didn't suit me, with my RZ i shoot with 50mm outdoor like 90% over 180mm, not sure if 110mm will have more use over 50mm, but if i will get 90mm for RB then i am forced to use this lens only anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, i just ordered RB67 and i have to wait almost 12 days until i can get it [hope not longer than that], so i will get the lens sooner or later, i hope i can order by next week early before i go to vacation in October.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    TareqPhoto, from what i understand you can use RB lenses on RZ camera. What you cannot do is use rz lenses on an rb camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mesantacruz View Post
    TareqPhoto, from what i understand you can use RB lenses on RZ camera. What you cannot do is use rz lenses on an rb camera.
    I know that already, thank you very much!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin