Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,549   Online: 951

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

remounting a koni omega 58 mm lens

Is there a copal/other brand that I can use

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The cells are direct fits in a Compur/Copal/Seiko #0 shutter. In K-O mount they're in a Copal #0 modified to be fired from the body and cocked by the body.

They will not fit in a press (self-cocking) shutter, the inner element of the rear cell will hit the diaphragm. Don't waste your money on a press shutter, get a proper cock-and-shoot shutter.

If you go ahead, you'll need to have the shutter scaled for the lens.

I've done all this with a Koni/Rapid Omega 60/5.6. Wanted a 58, but a 60 turned up at an amazing price.

The 60 just covers 2x3, absolutely won't do for 6x12. I doubt the 58 has more coverage. It doesn't have to and like the 60 it has a relatively small last element.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Thanks. I was under the assumption that the 58 and 60 were the same lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They are absolutely positively not the same lens. The 60 is an older design, has the f/8 Super Angulon layout (six elements in four groups). The 58 is a newer design, has the f/5.6 Super Angulon layout (eight elements in four groups).

See http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=63826

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin