Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,647   Online: 821

Shooter
    Large Format

Difference between Pentax '67ii' folding focus hood and '67' folding focus hood?

I can see that the first early one for Pentax '6x7' folding focus hood says 'ASAHI' on the front top and 'Pentax' on bottom,

but is there any difference between Pentax '67ii' folding focus hood and '67' folding focus hood?
    Or are there only two kinds? One with ASAHI on top and one without?
    And Pentax 67ii one is exactly same as 67 one?

Thanks,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aaa.JPG   bbb.jpg  
    Last edited by rustyair; 10-01-2013 at 10:52 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rusty according to the gear database in pentax forum they are interchangeable . I tend to check there first for any questions about pentax gear.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It is only the TTL metered finders that are not interchangeable; i.e the 67II AE meter finder will only work on the 67II and the 67II can't use the earlier TTL finder. The 67II can use any of the earlier unmetered finders and the unmetered finders sold with the 67II will work with the earlier models. AFAIK there weren't any changes in specification for the unmetered finders, so a pristine old one should be just as good as a brand new one. Having said that, almost all of the prism finders that I have seen look to have been dropped at least once. Any of the WLFs should be just fine.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin