Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,097   Online: 1265

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I havet super-ikonta 6x9 from 1934 with the traditionalism red window. I normally use tri-x with this camera. I havet found necessary to cover the read Windows with black tape to avoid fogging. The fogging appears as somewhat foggy circles of the same size as the window. Of course the tape must be removed when I advance the film, and this is best done away from bright sunlight.
    Carl

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If I see this correctly, the pic was taken using a 69 back...likely on 45 camera frame. You view it, it appears to be strips as noted. It seems to me that the problem is a light leak in the back...likely where it seals along the edge...thinking here of my old Crown Graphic...and, as the film passed by, each lingering crank allowed added light...assuming a knob. If it was a lever, and two swings, not sure at this point, but looks most definitely a light leak, a small one...also as someone inferred earlier. Just my guess-2 pence worth.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What you are getting does not appear to me to be fogging, at least not from the red window, all but 3 of the MF cameras I use are folder's and as such are red window cameras, and I have yet to have any fogging from them, If you have a between lens shutter then you could have a general light leak, Could be a problem with processing. For a reliable repair person then in the UK the best I know of are Newton and Ellis in Liverpool, They have repaired a few of my old cameras and I have never had a problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin