Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,908   Posts: 1,556,128   Online: 1211

Shooter
    Medium Format

Bronica SQ 645 back issue

Hi all,

Ive got a 645 back for my SQA which I won on ebay ut on closer inspection it looks the same as a 6x6 (apart from it saying 6x4.5 on it)!

The area of the darkslide which is visible on the film back appears to be the same size as a normal 6x6 back. Is this normal? I dont want to be running a film through and realising my compositions are all way off because im trying to shoot rectangles on squares.

Shooter
    35mm
    What does it look like behind the darkslide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I own an SQ-A, but no 645 back. I would wonder though if the outer frame and darkslide are all sized for 6x6 to minimize the number of different parts between formats and there might be a 645 mask behind the darkslide.

(Somebody out of 66K subscribers must have actually seen one!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    a 120j back (left) vs a 120 back (right)

Both are SQ Type (i.e. ISO wheel on top)

The shells are certainly different from the inside. But both use the same type of darkslide.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131013_193923.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	741.7 KB 
ID:	75451

edit:

The 120 also says "SQ 6x6" on the back, the 120J "SQ 6x4.5"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    What is written on the left side of the insert (or how many expositions it allows)? '120' (12) or '120 J' (15)? In former case - you've got a square holder, 12 images on a film. Deal with this, square is better anyway; if you don't believe in the holly square, trim while enlarging. In latter case - it's a square holder with a 645 insert, you'll get 15 square, overlapping images on a film; worth nothing, but you may call it art and get famous.
    || Cezary Żemis <cezary.zemis@pronet.pl> | www.cezaryzemis.name
    || ph.:+49 176 7327 8527|skype:cezzem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On the back of the insert cover it should say 6x4.5 & on the side it you should see 120J.

G

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin