Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,931   Posts: 1,585,447   Online: 1084

Shooter
    Medium Format

Mamiya 645AFD Film Question

Well it seems like I had some film loaded in the camera and did not know it since it's been a long time since I used the camera. Well, I opened the rear door of the film magazine while it was attached to the camera and found this out. The beginning of the film that was ready to be exposed (#1 on the roll) probably got toasted, but is the remainder of the film that's wrapped in between the paper OK? Thanks in advance.
    My Film Cameras:
    Leica M3
    Leica M6
    Mamiya 645AFD
    Leica IIIc
    Nikon F
    Nikon N80
    Minolta SRT202
    Minolta Hi-Matic 7s
    Minolta XG-7

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by LaGrassa View Post
    Well it seems like I had some film loaded in the camera and did not know it since it's been a long time since I used the camera. Well, I opened the rear door of the film magazine while it was attached to the camera and found this out. The beginning of the film that was ready to be exposed (#1 on the roll) probably got toasted, but is the remainder of the film that's wrapped in between the paper OK? Thanks in advance.
    I think you will have lost two more frames, but that's only a guess. I've done this before on my Pentax 645n2 and had a little bit of edge fogging beyond the two frames I lost, but it wasn't severe. If you opened it in subdued light, you will probably see less edge fogging.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lic4 View Post
    I think you will have lost two more frames, but that's only a guess. I've done this before on my Pentax 645n2 and had a little bit of edge fogging beyond the two frames I lost, but it wasn't severe. If you opened it in subdued light, you will probably see less edge fogging.
    Thanks for your experience. Unfortunately, it was not really subdued light. Maybe I should start counting "good" frames from about #4 onward.
    My Film Cameras:
    Leica M3
    Leica M6
    Mamiya 645AFD
    Leica IIIc
    Nikon F
    Nikon N80
    Minolta SRT202
    Minolta Hi-Matic 7s
    Minolta XG-7

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin