Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,034   Online: 909

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JDW22 View Post

I definitely will acquire a body with an Acute-Matte screen or I'll acquire a brighter screen separately and have it installed as part of a CLA.
    Swapping out a focussing screen on a 500cm is very simple. You can do it yourself in just a few seconds.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I shoot a 150 and 2x on the 500cm (non glided mirror) and have found no problems with it. Yes there is a small black line but your brain fixes it. I started with c lenses but now have all cf lenses.
    I also shoot without the newer screen and have never had a problem with it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbecker View Post
    I also shoot without the newer screen and have never had a problem with it.
    It all depends upon how good your eyesight is. The OP stated that he is 58 and I turn 52 in two days. If his eyesight is like mine, the bright screen is not necessary but it makes the camera much more enjoyable to use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Man, you just can not go wrong with a 500 C/M, I have one and a 501C/M and love the whole darn system. I did find a little vignetting with my 180 and longer with my 500 C/M but not a deal breaker.

I agree with CF lenses as a first choice, best price to performance point really. I just had a 120mm 5.6 S Planar seviced and ouuuch it was expensive to get done but it will be good for years.

Have fun with it, best camera system ever made in my experience!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    Swapping out a focussing screen on a 500cm is very simple. You can do it yourself in just a few seconds.
    Thanks for the info Alan, I'm glad the swap is user friendly. My eyesight is good; however, I always welcome a brighter screen. While I'm not 6'6", I am 6'4". I'll be OK with the waist level viewfinder to start. The 45-degree finder certainly may be added in the future.

Point of clarification on the 500CM mirror creating vignetting problems with longer lenses. Am I correct in my understanding that the vignetting only occurs in the viewfinder and does not create image vignetting on the film?

Lastly, what $$$ ballpark should I be anticipating for a CLA on the body, 80mm Planar, and A12 back? I am planning on using a certified Hasselblad repair facility for the CLA.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The vignetting only affects viewing and does not affect the image on the film.

I have both a waist level and prism finder. It's nice to have the choice of the two.

I have owned my camera for a couple years now and have not needed a CLA yet so I don't know what it would run. Maybe someone else on here can answer that one.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Without testing your shutter speeds and knowing where you really stand, a Hasselblad is no better than any other camera.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I agree. If you own leaf shutter lenses you really need to be able to test the shutters. I own a couple Calumet testers. They show up on Ebay from time to time, normally for $100.00 to $150.00.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The 80mm's with the T* coating should perform better, it's the stuff that gets applied to the modern lenses. Side by side comparisons might not yield immediately obvious results, but against flare, the difference is more apparent. Plenty of folks out there happy with their chrome version though. I've got a CF, and am highly satisfied with it. Slightly long MFD though, you'll want to invest in a short extension tube for head shots.

Also of note, the aperture blades are supposedly bent on purpose to reduce impact. Something that caused me a bit of worry when I first got mine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Without testing your shutter speeds and knowing where you really stand, a Hasselblad is no better than any other camera.
    Bullshit.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin