Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,676   Posts: 1,481,950   Online: 1072

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    Bullshit.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
    +1
    Consistency if far more important. Ask anyone that uses LF stuff with their much older shutters.

Another agreement to go with the later lenses using the B60 filters.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, I pulled the trigger and made a purchase from KEH. I got a 500CM Chrome 'Late' body with a waist level finder, 80 F2.8 CF T* lens, and an A12 Chrome 6x6 Back. It is supposed to arrive early next week and I must admit to being very excited to begin my journey back into analog photography. Thanks to everyone for their comments and recommendations - it made my purchasing decisions much easier.

I guess it's time for me to buy some film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JDW22 View Post
    Well, I pulled the trigger and made a purchase from KEH. I got a 500CM Chrome 'Late' body with a waist level finder, 80 F2.8 CF T* lens, and an A12 Chrome 6x6 Back. It is supposed to arrive early next week and I must admit to being very excited to begin my journey back into analog photography. Thanks to everyone for their comments and recommendations - it made my purchasing decisions much easier.

I guess it's time for me to buy some film
    This will be a big mistake now, holding Hasselblad 500CM and start shooting, you fallen down in a very deeeeeeep hole and difficult to get out of it now.

Big big big congrats in that deep hole .............................. sorry i mean with 500CM kit.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Good luck. Now learn how to hold the camera in your left hand with left forefinger on the release, and forefinger on the right hand to trip off the mirror lockup before pushing in the release. Those C's jump like a bullfrog. Although and EL is pretty steady because of all the weight of batteries and motor.
    Anyway, that's how I use MY C/M. I talk myself into believing the pre-release cuts down on the big jolt.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thats how the addiction starts. I bought the same kit from the same place with the addition of a lens hood and an extra back. Then came a focusing screen change. Then the hand grip. Now a flash to fit on the grip. Oh, and I might need a prism, and an extra back. That 50 fle sure looks nice, and the 150 with an extension for portraits would be sweet. Wow, those ELMs are cheap. And then there is the ......

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know the feeling, but you have to spend all that money on something, might as well be on Hasselblad equipment.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't ignore the older "C" backs; they are often very reasonably priced. The only drawback is that, when you load the film, you have to advance to the first frame by sighted through the "porthole" door. Just make sure that the little door stays shut on it's own. And expect to change the lightseals.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb74 View Post
    Don't ignore the older "C" backs; they are often very reasonably priced. The only drawback is that, when you load the film, you have to advance to the first frame by sighted through the "porthole" door. Just make sure that the little door stays shut on it's own. And expect to change the lightseals.
    I put my late-model backs with the crank in a forgotten drawer and use the old-style ones. Those cranks might have a foldaway feature but they always get hooked on something and I keep having to back-turn them and re-stowing them. Nuisance.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear JDW22;

good idea!! - I have bought my Hasselblad 500 CM in 1985 with a Planar CF80mm, a Distagon CF50mm and a Sonnar CF150mm as well as a Carl Zeiss Mutar x2, which is excellent, and three 120 magazines; recent years I could luckily hold of a Distagon CF 30mm, an exhilarating lens!

Now the camera itself is still absolutely working fine. So the lenses do with the exception of the Sonnar CF 150mm where the apperture run dry and it won't work on automatic anymore, however, still in manual mode!

If you buy lenses watch for dried out apperture and time mechanic - meaning that you ought to have the garantee of taking it back in case!

Only buy 120-Magazines; as any other sizes has the difficulty of finding fresh and up-to-date films, since they have discontinued 70mm and 220 sizes! - Try whether the magazines are still light-proof! If not the seal has to be replaced - which you might do yourself if you find the seals. - Also make sure the distances from one exposure to the next run alright. - Also here buy with the garantee of taking it back in case.

Anyway - I wish you good luck and a lot of fun with your Hasselblad!!

Jan-Peter - Southern Germany

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm like some of you, got my first Hasselblad (503cx) earlier this year from Keh, as a 54 yo eyeglass wearer wanted to comment on the viewing. Even though I used a tlr for decades, I find the wlf harder to use on the Hass unless on a tripod. Maybe it's psychological, my tlr had no option other than wlf and the hassy has all these options. The mind plays tricks on you as you get older, and tricks on your bank account. The Wildi manual is a good reference if you can find one, I read up on stuff before purchasing.

Yesterday I took delivery of a chimney finder and pm5 prism (the non metered version). the chimney finder is pretty sweet, can take glasses off and it has built in diopter adjustment. The 45 deg prism finder has no built in diopter adjustment, but I understand you can add a corrective lens for that. I could have bought a pm45 with built in diopter adjustment, however it would not work for me it only goes to -2 and I'm more a -3. Plus the PM45 is 2-3x the price of the PM5. For me focusing through the pm5 is glasses on, similar to focusing through the wlf without the flip down magnifier... Just thought I would throw that out there.

Hopefully I'm "done" with Hasselbald purchases for a while, I do have the 50, 80, and 150 cf lenses all bay 60 filter. I did get a bay60-xmm adapter at fotodiox, about $10 so I can use my existing BW and polarizer filters.

Speaking of backs, KEH has had the hassy 35mm (a2035) back for sale for at least 8 months, but they want over $1,000. Good grief.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin