Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,697   Online: 761

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Brian Micklebro is probably the best for Rollei's in the UK, so you'll be alright.

Ian
    Ian,

I am hoping has prices are good too!

Cheers

Carl

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    5/11/34 is probably November 5, 1934.

E. von Hoegh mentions using a lens hood, and I'll second that. Looked at my chromes and negs taken with that camera and yes, sharp - the lens is sharp. But I had excessive flare. Again, my specific camera had cleaning marks (imagine cleaning a lens with steel wool - I recall it was worst cleaning marks ever)...

It's very well engineered though, for example the focusing is done by four geared helical pillars. So if you get it cleaned - it should last forever.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl170 View Post
    Bill - thats a fair point, the only problem being that it I have no idea what shutter speeds are working, so I could also just waste a load of film too which is not cheap in the UK, (well, compared to 35mm!).

Also, if the images are not focused correctly, and the lenses are dirty, then will I really get a good indication of how the camera can really perform?

By the Way, I noticed a date scratched into the mirror last night - it looks like 5/11/34. Does anyone know the German date format?

Thanks for your input everyone. I have spoken to Brian Micklebro and he has said to send it to him and he will assess it first. Anyone else used him for a repair or CLA?

Regards

Carl
    No you won't.
    But I can tell you from personal experience that the camera is an excellent perormer if the lens is clean and clear. Any haze allowed to remain in the lens will pretty much ruin the contrast though, hood or no.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin