Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,602   Online: 1335

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are cameras

-) that seem real refined and well finished, but nevertheless fail soon due to some construction fault

-) that seem were crude designed and fiinished, but still go for a very ong time

-) that fail the more soon the more crude they look

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've run a Seagull 4A103A TLR for more than 20 years and it is a reliable and rock-solid performer. Even the triplet taking lens is gratifyingly sharp at f16, gratifyingly smooth at f3.5 BUT:

I recollimated the focussing system which was remarkably erroneous ex factory.
    The wind gear has been rebuilt the way the designer intended.
    The shutter and the shutter cocking system has been tweaked into reliability.

My impression is that the Seagull is a Rolleiflex copy made of strong but crude parts that have to be carefully bent, filed, and twisted to work properly against each other. Once done all is well. I'd say at the factory production targets probably demand that cameras are built in a hurry by people who do not check their work.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    How about some sample pics Robert? After that review, we're all ready.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin