Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,904   Posts: 1,584,589   Online: 913

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Attach a keyring to the strap with the boxtop inside it. Bingo! Instant reference as to "what film is that...?".
    Aww yiss! I'm gonna do that, thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    If I'm wrong, the generous person here on APUG who did send me some has my apology!
    A few years ago, I made some using the laser cutter at work and offered them here.

I don't think I have any left (I will have a look later) but I could make some more.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    A few years ago, I made some using the laser cutter at work and offered them here.

I don't think I have any left (I will have a look later) but I could make some more.

Steve.
    My apologies Steve - I'm sure it was you who sent them my way.

At least you are geographically close to benjiboy (at least from my perspective).
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Someone makes a stick on plastic film box end holder. I just do not remember whom.
    I think Hama

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P3110 met Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hah. I had the exact same issue with my Autocord today when I fired it up for the first time! I just took the adhesive strip from the end of the roll and folded it over so it sits over the side of the finder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recall those stick on reminders but don't know if they are still made.

My bigger problem is using unboxed film and not having a box end to stick in my M645 or 35mm cameras. I use a box end from another box, and if it's a different type I write the type on the back and insert it back side out. I find I always (well, pretty much) remember what's in my TLR because I only have one TLR and it doesn't of course have interchangeable backs. I have a terrible time remembering what's in which 645 back (because they look identical) or what film I put in which 35mm body without those things.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The bigger issue for me (since I don't get the film developed right away) is to remember which camera I used.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I tried the stick-on plastic reminders but they fall off after a few weeks of use. Notebooks, (paper, not computer) work for me.

/Clay

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Camera is easy for me to determine. I have three ways to shoot 120 film - Yashicamat 124 in 6x6, M645 Pro in 645, and roll film back for my 4x5, in 6x7. Negative size tells me definitively which it was shot in, at least for now.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Attach a keyring to the strap with the boxtop inside it. Bingo! Instant reference as to "what film is that...?"
    Brilliant! - Not the one you pictured, but just the ring. A split ring will easily pinch and hold a boxtop!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin