Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,314   Online: 1081

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

What's in my TLR!?

I recently got a C220. I'm used to using an RZ67 which has a little holder in the back where you put the cardboard endcap from your 120 box to remind you what film is loaded and it has a little EI wheel to control the meter and remind you of that.

But what do you do with cameras that don't have any way to remind you what you put in them?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Expose the roll before you have a chance to forget?
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Masking tape and a sharpie on the back of the cam!
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Only use one film.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have to admit, the other day I folded the end of a film carton and tucked it into the camera strap of my Spotmatic F

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you forget what film is in the camera half way through the roll just open the back and check.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's a flash shoe on my Yashica TLR. I fold the end of the box and stuff it in there.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I wouldn't tell everyone that but I know you are no dummy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just went to officeworks and got a bunch of little sticky-labels for all my film backs that don't have a spot in which to insert a piece of the film box (usually the sealing bit of paper when I start the roll, most of my stuff gets unboxed before frozen).
    On my Kiev 88 old-style backs (which I think are the same as true Hassies), there's the little window on the back to open to see the frame numbers on the backing paper, on them I just jam a bit of the sealing-paper under that and squish the door closed.

I do like the idea of flash-shoe mount cardboard, it wouldn't work for backs but it might be ok on TLRs where you only have one film...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've patented my solution: an acetate substrate coated with pressure sensitive adhesive with a high length to width ratio mounted longitudinally across pre-printed thin cardboard stock approximately 1.5 inch square

In other words, tape the end of the film box to the back of the camera.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin