Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,899   Posts: 1,521,070   Online: 923

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    spectacle supplier would make you one up from a spectacle blank to your prescription if you are old and have vision problems.
    I'm old and my vision sucks! This might be a good thing to look into. I'm going for an eye exam in a couple of weeks and it will be a top priority question. I pulled one of the elements out of a two element loupe that I had and then used a little "speaker re-foaming glue" to hold it in place and it works pretty good. Not the correct power, but not bad either.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, I developed the test roll or what was exposed on it anyway. I knew something wasn't right when I loaded it, but shot it anyway. The test roll was that Ultrafine junk Chinese film, that I'll only use for testing, that caused the problem. It seems the Rollei's film sensor rollers on the bottom didn't like the think paper of the Chinese film and sensed what it thought was emulsion/film base just a little toooooo early. I had no problems with two dummy rolls of Ilford and Kodak in the camera and it locked onto exp. 1 no problem. Not with this stuff! I loaded a roll of T-max and will shoot again this morning. I will say that the few shots I got were very well exposed and the focus was very, very close. I feel that this camera is going to be a very good workhorse. JohnW

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I once bought a Rolleiflex 2.8C with a Planar that had mismatched elements. That is, the front group had a different serial number than the rear element/group. I was never able to achieve infinity focus.

Of the Rolleiflex TLRs that I've owned, my favorite has been the simple post-war Automat with a Tessar. Next in line is a Standard with an uncoated Tessar.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    I once bought a Rolleiflex 2.8C with a Planar that had mismatched elements. That is, the front group had a different serial number than the rear element/group. I was never able to achieve infinity focus.

Of the Rolleiflex TLRs that I've owned, my favorite has been the simple post-war Automat with a Tessar. Next in line is a Standard with an uncoated Tessar.
    I now have the focusing "spot on" and everything now works as it should. Except for the eye-level magnifier and that's not a big problem at this point. I also think the Automat was Rollei's best designed cameras as far as features and being simple to use. A few Rollei folks don't like the sensor roller setup in those later Rollei's, but I have not really had a problem. This one has it's rollers set closer together than my others and I need to adjust that, but I'll do that later if the problem comes up with the normal films I shoot. I like the looks from the uncoated Tessar also and I keep an old Ikonta around when I want that "look". I'm doing a little reseach on this Rollei since I'm not finding the serial number matching the date/model. JohnW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin