Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,717   Posts: 1,483,096   Online: 894

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Rollinar filter on backward in this Pic?

Hey guy,

Came across this picture of a Rolleifle camera that appears to have the Rollinar close up filter backwards..? Is it?

ToddB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rolliner Pic.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you mean that the wrong part is on the wrong lens when you say "backward", then the answer is no.

The picture is really too small to see much more detail.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No, it's not. The thick part with the prism goes on the viewing lens, as shown in the picture, red dot up. The close-up lens on the taking lens has a bayonet mount so you can use a filter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes.. that what I mean. Wrong part of the filter on the viewing /taking lens. Is the orientation correct? If it is.. boy do I feel dumb. I've been shooting mine with it wrong and might explain why those pics haven't been as sharp.

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't feel dumb... just don't do it again!

The thick part goes on the viewing lens. It has a prism in it that compensages for parallax. While it appears to bee a fairly decent prism it isnot likely to be a good photographic lens element. There should be a red dot on the thick part to indicate "up" (top of camera)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for clarifying this. Next time when I use it on something I'll make sure that correct. having it incorrect.. could it cause the images to less sharp?

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would assume that some of your sharpness issue may be due to that. But, honestly, I have never been happy with sharpness of using almost any close-up "filter" so who knows for sure.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Rollinars are an exception. I have a # 1 and #2 and they're remarkably sharp.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Marvin View Post
    The Rollinars are an exception. I have a # 1 and #2 and they're remarkably sharp.
    Absolutely.

Jonathan

Ditto. The closeup lenses are very sharp. The thicker of the two lenses in the set goes on the viewing lens. There is a prism in the viewing lens that corrects for parallax.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin