Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,958   Posts: 1,522,983   Online: 1177

Shooter
    Multi Format

Sling bag recommendation

Looking for a sling bag to hold a Rolleicord, one Olympus OM-1n with 35mm lens, one Zuiko 85mm, 10 rolls of 120 and 10 rolls of 135.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Look on Etsy website and type in Canvas and leather camera bag. That where I got mine.

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you are referring to an over the back , rather than an over the shoulder bag, the Lowepro Slingshot 100 may be a good choice. I have a couple of 100's and 200's. Very good for lighter loads, but not so good for heavier loads and longer distances.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a Tamrac velocity 9x. Quite often it will hold a SLR with a battery grip and a longer lense attached, as well as a SLR without a grip and a short prime attached. I'll also put 1 or 2 lenses in there + film + filters. ( or cominations there of, which may also include MF cameras.

From your gear list, this may suit.

Just something to keep in mind. While I often fill the bag, at times it probably is too heavy and does get a bit painful to wear for a full day.

Cheers.

Shooter
    35mm
    I SWEAR by the Lowepro Slingshot. I have a ton of camera bags for different kits, and the only one I use when I'm doing work on my feet with more than just a camera and a lens is the slingshot. I *think* the 100 (the smallest size) would be a little tight for your needs. I use the 200 for my main work kit.

In the top, I carry cords and such, but you could easily fit all the film you mentioned in there. In the main compartment, which is configurable to your needs, I carry a D700 with a 50mm attached, a 80-200 f/2.8 (which carries horizontally when the bag is upright, the bag is wider than you might think), a 24mm lens, a full size flash and I have plenty of room to spare. I often toss my Minolta Flashmeter in there, or my Nikon L35AF, and it's still not cramped. The front pocket is where I keep my Moleskin notebook and business cards, but some film would fit in there, too.

AND (can you tell I love this bag yet) the sling action really works well. When I'm toting my bag I where it like a backpack, but when I'm work and getting in and out of my bag, I sling it down and it works just like a shoulder bag.

You also get a couple of bonuses. First, there's the rain cover, which again, actually works, but stays out of the way when you don't need it. You also get a secondary strap to use when you're on the move. I only use it when I'm hiking and biking. When biking or bending over a lot, it stops the bag from rolling around to the side.

I think it would be perfect for your needs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Look on Etsy website and type in Canvas and leather camera bag. That where I got mine.

Todd
    Thanks very much indeed.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I recently got one of the Tamrac Velocity 9X packs. I mostly shoot LF and my kit for that is in a Kata Panda 402 pack which is very heavy and ungainly - so any MF pack by comparison is easy. My MF camera is a Hassy, and I have 3 lenses with that, as well as a handle flash - what I pack in the bag will vary depending on where I am going and what I am doing. One of the things that I like about the Velocity is that it accepts the Tamrac 'MAS' components which are separate lens or accessory cases which attach to the outside of the pack, allowing the capacity to grow - so if I want to carry my entire MF kit, I can, by putting the body, an extra back and the flash in the pack, and having the lenses in their own cases attached outside - makes it more versatile.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might check out Maxpedtion bags. I've got a sling bag that covers your needs including being ambidextrous IE:use it on right or left shoulder & it can be secured with a waist strap/belt.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by baachitraka View Post
    Looking for a sling bag to hold a Rolleicord, one Olympus OM-1n with 35mm lens, one Zuiko 85mm, 10 rolls of 120 and 10 rolls of 135.
    Think Tank Sling-O-Matic. I took all my bits I intended to carry into the shop and looked at the different sizes before choosing the one to suit. Very comfortable in use!
    http://www.thinktankphoto.com/produc...-matic-30.aspx
    RR

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin