Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,338   Online: 895

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From purely financial point of view:
    You can get the GF670 used for a very reasonable money today. Should you not like it, than you can sell it with little loss. On the other hand - the FX-N can only be had new and is costly (around $6k I recall) and should you not feel content with it, you will sell it with at least $1k loss.

I know what would I choose (FX-N if sky was the limit, the rendering of the GF670 lens does not appeal to me), but it is your choice.

I would definitely try to see many photos taken with both cameras to get the impression what kind of rendering one could expect.

You did not hear much about the Rolleiflex here because only handful of users have the FX or FX-N.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi again,

My fuji GF670 arrived yesterday. First impression is it looks more solid than I thought. Feels lighter than it looks. Everything was nice except ..... The focussing tab. I need to use my thumb to focus it but it requires me to turn my left wrist a lot and not comfortable at all. I guess I just need to get used to it.

But I have an urgent problem. My camera's manual is in Japanese! I have however figured out most things on my own and thru the Internet but there are some very silly questions I need help. I am new to medium format camera so pardon my ignorance.

1. What do I do after finish exposing the film? There is no rewind knob like my Leica M3. Do I just keep turning the dial until the whole film is spooled and then what happen? How do I take it out? The is no canister like a 35mm film. Will I accidentally expose it to light?

2. Do I use the finished film spool as the next take up spool? I hope you understand my question. Are all film spool quality the same?

Thanks for any advise.

Regards,
    Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    1) There are no rewinds in MF upto my knowledge. Just wind like film advance till the end or till you feel there is not tension during the wind. Then, open the back door and take the film out and stick with paper tape that comes with film.

2) You may need to change the position of the empty spool so it takes the film when you advance and shoot.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    To answer your questions - yes, you just keep winding until the whole roll is on the take-up spool. Then you move the original spool to the take-up position. For all intents and purposes, the spools are absolutely interchangeable and won't have any issues putting Kodak film on an Ilford or Fuji spool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I take the roll out, pull it tight, fold over the end edge, lick the tape and stick it on. I find it's easier to break open for processing with a folded edge.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thank you all very much. I feel more relieved now.

Mark

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I have used the Zeiss Super Ikonta B quite a bit, but now I also have a Fuji GF67. The last four photo essays on my website (www.efn.org/~hkrieger) were made with the Fiji.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by mingaun View Post
    Thank you all very much. I feel more relieved now.

Mark
    Now that you have had the camera for 6 months or so, what are your impressions?
    My flickr stream

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin