Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,980   Online: 846

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's not for everybody, I suppose, but I think 6x9 (cm) is a lovely size for contact prints. You have to get up close and personal with the print to appreciate it at that size, which to me makes it feel much more intimate and communicative, less like the one-sided conversation that is "art gallery" presentation.

That said, I think most labs can print at whatever size and proportions you ask for, though you may have to pay for the next largest standard size. If you want 6x9 inches, they'll probably charge you for an 8x10, and in fact they'll probably print it on 8x10 and trim to the requested size.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Sounds like a shutter swap, as the Mess Ikonta 524/2 used only a Pronto(r) or Compur shutter with this model and had either a Novar or a West German Tessar.

I don't recall Zeiss Ikon using East Germany parts with this model, which was among the last of its folding cameras.

Regardless, as long as the shutter is running properly and the lens is clean and collimated, you should get very good photos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin