Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,634   Online: 994

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Another unmentioned option is a Kiev 88. If you think about going down that road, get one that has been overhauled by Hartblei, or one of the ARAX rebuilds. Then you'll have a reliable, functional camera, and a selection of lenses ranging from 30mm fisheye to 500mm telephoto. The real reason to buy this system is the lenses - the camera bodies may have been of questionable build integrity but the optics are every bit as good as their German cousins, at a fraction of the price.
    Or a Kiev 66

You're going to get a million answers, and I admit I skimmed your long post, but yes the Mamiya 6/7's are expensive but have perfect glass! (Mamiya 7 II owner with 43mm, 65mm, and 150mm lenses).

However the RB67 / RZ67's are also great! (RZ67 II owner with 50mm, 90mm, and 180mm lenses). The Hassleblad guys will always say their lenses are better but the fact of the matter is both are similar in quality, and the Mamiya prices right now are GREAT so it's like getting a Hassy for 1/4 the price. So I support looking into an RB or RZ system.

Again I didn't see your price but I got my entire kit on eBay for around $600 if I recall.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    > I would NOT recommend an un-modified Kiev 60

I use an unmodifiedf K60 for some years with no problems,. The meter doesn't work, but tha doesn't count for me.

You can have a 45-mm-lens for that camera: MIR 3,5/45. The lens is quite good.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You want to do medium format on a budget. For 645 format either a Bronica Etr, Etrs, or Etrsi, with a 75mm, then add a 40 or 50mm wide-angle and a 150mm tele. Bronicas are dirt cheap right now. For 6 x 7 format an Mamiya RB 67 Pro S all mechanical, built like a tank. Lenses are excellent, and being given away for what they are worth. Another option is the Pentax 6 x 7 with an assortment of lenses. Not as good a bargain as the Mamiya but the body and lenses are excellent. For square format a Rollei MX or MX-EVS with either a Tessar or Xenar lens. Both will render sharp contrasty images. Hasselblads are pricey but you can add to the system piece by piece and lens by lens as bargains crop up. Probably one of the best built of the medium format modular systems. Good luck with your search.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin