Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,577   Posts: 1,545,719   Online: 803

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Mamiya RB67 question

Do all of the Mamiya RB67 cameras require you to advance the shutter and film separately?
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkerSmithPhoto View Post
    Do all of the Mamiya RB67 cameras require you to advance the shutter and film separately?
    Yes, on the RB's you have to cock the shutter separate from advancing the film.

On RZ's when you advance the film it cocks the shutter. The disadvantage of the RZ it that it's a little more expensive and relies on batteries for the shutter. Another advantage is that you can use both RZ and RB lenses on the RZ67 camera but you still need to cock the shutter when using the RB lenses.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I used to own an RZ67. In my opinion it is the best medium format film camera for portraiture out there. If you buy one make sure you get the 110mm lens with it. It's fantastic!

I have also owned Bronica Etrsi, S2a, EC, Pentax 645, 645N, 645Nll, and Hasselblad 500c/m.

I sold my RZ to help fund my large format cameras. I am not a pro but I do enjoy portraiture.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are a couple motor driven backs for the RB67. You still cock the shutter the same way but film advance is taken care of.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin