Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,228   Online: 980

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    645 interchangeable lens rangefinder: Bronica
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I include a doc including one table sample of what or how it should be, i prefer Word over Excel but anyone can go with Excel if easier and better

The table can be modified, and i made one table for one format size [6x6] and i didn't complete it just to give an example and it will take time to fill it and complete it at best it can be, many here are much better than me on cameras details, so i would like what can you do for that table and what another tables you can do if it is helpful to continue.
    Attached Files

Shooter
    Multi Format
    6x7 "budget" Koni/Rapid Omega

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm no equipment expert, but have enjoyed owning and using a rather large number of MF cameras over the last few years. I started getting into it after embarking on a monumental journey of digitizing my dad's old negatives, shot mostly on a 6x6 TLR. When I discovered that used MF cameras (mostly of Japanese origin) can be had for pennies on the dollar I got the bug and before I knew it I had a rather large collection, all of which I enjoyed using extensively. That's when I decided to share what I knew about them on my web site, Chemical Cameras. It was a thoroughly enjoyable task. But alas, I eventually came to the conclusion that I would rather own just a few cameras that I really loved so I began selling them off and getting/keeping the ones I really wanted. Now I am down to four really nice ones (plus a couple junkers with no resale value in the closet). So I would be happy to contribute whatever knowledge I have gleaned in the process. For the record, the four I settled on are as follows:

Pentax 645n
    Mamiya 6
    Fujifilm GF670
    Pentax 67ii
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Suggested cameras? I can only tell you where I ended up after many iterations:

Street /light kit - Leica m2 +35+50+90mm+luna-pro lightmeter......lovely to use and feel.
    Point and shoot - Fuji 645 GA645zi camera....it is a big point and shoot
    Serious photography handheld or tripod - Hasselblad kit
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Check out the thread "are you a camera snob" and you'll see my list
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe i should list my list here so you can have an idea what i went with:

Mamiya RZ67 Pro II ....... My best 6x7 body, but the battery issue is the only thing made me to think about something else.

Hasselblad 501CM ....... my best 6x6 and i like the handle, but the focusing screen is difficult to use to be accurate, and i may get another Hassy but chrome one.

Mamiya RB67 Pro-SD ....... it may become my best 6x7 if i start to use it and see, got it to have that mechanical body replacement for RZ.

Fujica GSW690III ...... my best RF 6x9, i wanted that size and it is really amazing sharp and beautiful one, happy with it and i think it will be my travel additional body no doubt.

Mamiya 7II ..... didn't work yet because i didn't fix it yet, hope this will be my best travel MF film kit if it will work sooner or later, also battery is an issue as RZ.

Holga 120WPC ...... used it one or 2 times, nothing special about it, just bought it because it was crazy cheap and wanted to have Holga body, that's all.

Holga 120N ....... also nothing special here, just got it to have normal exposure and no pano or wide frame as on that 120WPC one, also not a favorite camera, just cheap.

Those above are my MF so far, but who knows what i may add in the future, i didn't list LF because that is another story or should be another class.

Thanks for reading

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Check out the thread "are you a camera snob" and you'll see my list
    I am a little self-conscious about that, too. Then on the other hand, I picked up my M2 for less than a high end digital point and shoot and my entire hasselblad set (4 lenses) for about the price of a high end consumer digital SLR body.
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    Maybe i should list my list here so you can have an idea what i went with:

Mamiya RZ67 Pro II ....... My best 6x7 body, but the battery issue is the only thing made me to think about something else.

Hasselblad 501CM ....... my best 6x6 and i like the handle, but the focusing screen is difficult to use to be accurate, and i may get another Hassy but chrome one.

Mamiya RB67 Pro-SD ....... it may become my best 6x7 if i start to use it and see, got it to have that mechanical body replacement for RZ.

Fujica GSW690III ...... my best RF 6x9, i wanted that size and it is really amazing sharp and beautiful one, happy with it and i think it will be my travel additional body no doubt.

Mamiya 7II ..... didn't work yet because i didn't fix it yet, hope this will be my best travel MF film kit if it will work sooner or later, also battery is an issue as RZ.

Holga 120WPC ...... used it one or 2 times, nothing special about it, just bought it because it was crazy cheap and wanted to have Holga body, that's all.

Holga 120N ....... also nothing special here, just got it to have normal exposure and no pano or wide frame as on that 120WPC one, also not a favorite camera, just cheap.

Those above are my MF so far, but who knows what i may add in the future, i didn't list LF because that is another story or should be another class.

Thanks for reading
    You're a gear junky! And you don't even use some of them? I'll take the Mamiya 7 off your hands I need a second body anyway

Having an RZ AND an RB Pro-S seems a little silly to me. I agree, I own the RZ, and the battery issue happens to me or used to when I'm shooting late at night in the cold outside and the battery would die especially on long exposures of 20 minutes, and always wished I had the other one, however the whole kit that I have is really sweet, all the lenses are in great shape and I don't feel like changing them just to get a different body. I know the later model lenses of the RB system are just as good as the RZ system lenses so why own both?
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    You're a gear junky! And you don't even use some of them? I'll take the Mamiya 7 off your hands I need a second body anyway

Having an RZ AND an RB Pro-S seems a little silly to me. I agree, I own the RZ, and the battery issue happens to me or used to when I'm shooting late at night in the cold outside and the battery would die especially on long exposures of 20 minutes, and always wished I had the other one, however the whole kit that I have is really sweet, all the lenses are in great shape and I don't feel like changing them just to get a different body. I know the later model lenses of the RB system are just as good as the RZ system lenses so why own both?
    I know your point, it is just i bought them new at reasonable good prices, i am sure that RB with the film back and 2 lenses were cheaper than i bought my RZ + 2 lenses used, only my RZ film back was brand new and that was so expensive, i have budget for RB so it is not a waste or problem, i will buy bulk of batteries for RZ, and use it when i don't shoot for long time and go away hiking, only will use RB if i will shoot for so long time and in extreme conditions so i can't expect when the battery may last, and in all cases, RZ is more advanced than RB so i like to have that body, wish of that RZ is completely mechanical then i will never look back.

Well, you send me your Mamiya 7II, as mine is not working even i bought it brand new from B&H, so with yours i will show you what i can do with it

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin