Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,925   Posts: 1,556,793   Online: 996
      
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 63
  1. #41
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,450
    Images
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    I know your point, it is just i bought them new at reasonable good prices, i am sure that RB with the film back and 2 lenses were cheaper than i bought my RZ + 2 lenses used, only my RZ film back was brand new and that was so expensive, i have budget for RB so it is not a waste or problem, i will buy bulk of batteries for RZ, and use it when i don't shoot for long time and go away hiking, only will use RB if i will shoot for so long time and in extreme conditions so i can't expect when the battery may last, and in all cases, RZ is more advanced than RB so i like to have that body, wish of that RZ is completely mechanical then i will never look back.

    Well, you send me your Mamiya 7II, as mine is not working even i bought it brand new from B&H, so with yours i will show you what i can do with it
    Haha! If you bought it new there must be a warrantee?
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  2. #42

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ajman - U.A.E.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    958
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Haha! If you bought it new there must be a warrantee?
    Yes, there is a warrantee, but i didn't know where is the problem/issue from, the camera or the lens or the battery, and just to make it clear, the first time i test it i've got only 3 frames out of 10, then all other films [3 after that] are all blank and i feel maybe that lens is defective because i bought it new from ebay, but i can't judge anything, either i return the whole system or send them all for maintenance and see where is the problem from. Also i didn't want to waste money to send camera back for replacement if it is really new and maybe another new camera will not work if it is not the main issue.

    I was thinking to buy another lens and also buy a guaranteed fresh battery to test then i may find out the issue.

  3. #43
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,450
    Images
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    Yes, there is a warrantee, but i didn't know where is the problem/issue from, the camera or the lens or the battery, and just to make it clear, the first time i test it i've got only 3 frames out of 10, then all other films [3 after that] are all blank and i feel maybe that lens is defective because i bought it new from ebay, but i can't judge anything, either i return the whole system or send them all for maintenance and see where is the problem from. Also i didn't want to waste money to send camera back for replacement if it is really new and maybe another new camera will not work if it is not the main issue.

    I was thinking to buy another lens and also buy a guaranteed fresh battery to test then i may find out the issue.
    If the battery doesn't work, then it won't allow you to advance to the next frame, so it shouldn't be a battery issue, it could be a lens issue, did you remember to take the lens cap off? That's a common error with people who have rangefinder's, they forget to take the lens cap off because they can see through the viewfinder, I know it sounds silly but is that possibly the case?
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ajman - U.A.E.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    958
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    If the battery doesn't work, then it won't allow you to advance to the next frame, so it shouldn't be a battery issue, it could be a lens issue, did you remember to take the lens cap off? That's a common error with people who have rangefinder's, they forget to take the lens cap off because they can see through the viewfinder, I know it sounds silly but is that possibly the case?
    Let's say if that will be the case, it should happen for 1 roll of film not 3 or 4, and i said for first roll ever i've got 3 shots out of 10 and all other were blank and the lens cap was off, so it is something i really don't know, i have a big feeling it was the lens, but the seller on ebay told me that as long i've got 3 shots then it is not the lens issue, and now you said that the battery is not the issue, in fact i can't advance to the next frame until i open the back and do something i forgot, but i couldn't when the back is closed.

    The only things i can do now is waiting to buy new fresh batteries for my Mamiya RZ and this Mamiya 7II and give it a try, also to buy another lens to see if i have the same issue as well, returning the lens or the camera is not my solution, and it passed 2 years now since i bought them both separately.

  5. #45
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,450
    Images
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    Let's say if that will be the case, it should happen for 1 roll of film not 3 or 4, and i said for first roll ever i've got 3 shots out of 10 and all other were blank and the lens cap was off, so it is something i really don't know, i have a big feeling it was the lens, but the seller on ebay told me that as long i've got 3 shots then it is not the lens issue, and now you said that the battery is not the issue, in fact i can't advance to the next frame until i open the back and do something i forgot, but i couldn't when the back is closed.

    The only things i can do now is waiting to buy new fresh batteries for my Mamiya RZ and this Mamiya 7II and give it a try, also to buy another lens to see if i have the same issue as well, returning the lens or the camera is not my solution, and it passed 2 years now since i bought them both separately.
    Wait, you opened the back in order to advance the film? so you exposed the roll... no wonder you have blank film LOL Unless I misunderstood you?

    If it is in fact the lens, the seller should take it back or file a claim with paypal/ebay for it.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  6. #46
    Mustafa Umut Sarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    İstanbul - Türkiye
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    3,884
    Images
    108
    Kiev 60 with LOMO Square Front 22mm Anamorphic Cine Lens attached , lens starts from 25000 dollars and climbs but there are cheaper ones also. Other lens could be an old Cooke Cine Lens.

  7. #47
    analoguey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    794
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Wait, you opened the back in order to advance the film? so you exposed the roll... no wonder you have blank film LOL Unless I misunderstood you?

    If it is in fact the lens, the seller should take it back or file a claim with paypal/ebay for it.
    He mentioned 3 coming out clean. Probably should ask Tareq what he did to advance film post that! And before!

    Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

  8. #48
    analoguey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    794
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post

    Having an RZ AND an RB Pro-S seems a little silly to me. I agree, I own the RZ, and the battery issue happens to me or used to when I'm shooting late at night in the cold outside and the battery would die especially on long exposures of 20 minutes, and always wished I had the other one, however the whole kit that I have is really sweet, all the lenses are in great shape and I don't feel like changing them just to get a different body. I know the later model lenses of the RB system are just as good as the RZ system lenses so why own both?

    Not really silly -they both can cover different ends of the spectrum. Having an RZ makes it easier to shoot digital than an RB, plus cheaper than buying interfaces for the RB. And of course one can back up the other - I, Ofc, dont know what he bought it for.

    I am seriously considering an RZ purchase to add functionality to my RB kit.


    Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

  9. #49

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ajman - U.A.E.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    958
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Wait, you opened the back in order to advance the film? so you exposed the roll... no wonder you have blank film LOL Unless I misunderstood you?

    If it is in fact the lens, the seller should take it back or file a claim with paypal/ebay for it.
    Well, i mean advancing without a film, but with film it never advanced until i turn of the camera, when i turn on again it advance for next frame without exposing the current one and locked again, so i keep turn on/off until the end of the roll without exposing anything, so it is like it didn't recognize the lens attached or maybe the battery is not working, i really don't know how to explain, but i wasted 3 films advancing with whatever i can and it end blank, so should i try one more roll later when i get a new battery?

  10. #50
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,450
    Images
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    Well, i mean advancing without a film, but with film it never advanced until i turn of the camera, when i turn on again it advance for next frame without exposing the current one and locked again, so i keep turn on/off until the end of the roll without exposing anything, so it is like it didn't recognize the lens attached or maybe the battery is not working, i really don't know how to explain, but i wasted 3 films advancing with whatever i can and it end blank, so should i try one more roll later when i get a new battery?
    Ahh! So then it probably IS the battery!

    Does the low battery red blinking light BLINK in the viewfinder when you partially depressed the shutter button?
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin