Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,876   Posts: 1,520,252   Online: 1128

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Ahh! So then it probably IS the battery!

Does the low battery red blinking light BLINK in the viewfinder when you partially depressed the shutter button?
    Yes it does, and the funny thing that it happens to all batteries i put, 4 batteries and all giving that red blinking or continuous light in the viewfinder, so are all batteries dead or ran away even they are new un-opened? That what made me so crazy to think it is not the battery maybe if they all doing the same.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    Yes it does, and the funny thing that it happens to all batteries i put, 4 batteries and all giving that red blinking or continuous light in the viewfinder, so are all batteries dead or ran away even they are new un-opened? That what made me so crazy to think it is not the battery maybe if they all doing the same.
    Strange, maybe it is the body? Send it to B&H before the return. Is over, and have them check it, if they don't scare the same problem at least you know it something else, however if they do, then you're covered otherwise if you wait too long, then they won't cover it. And you're going to be screwed
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    What type of battery are you using (size and composition - alkaline, silver-oxide, lithium)?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Strange, maybe it is the body? Send it to B&H before the return. Is over, and have them check it, if they don't scare the same problem at least you know it something else, however if they do, then you're covered otherwise if you wait too long, then they won't cover it. And you're going to be screwed
    It is too late, i bought it over 2 years now, and i didn't doubt at all it will be the body, so that i didn't return, and i am stuck now with unknown issue or what is the cause/source of this issue.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    What type of battery are you using (size and composition - alkaline, silver-oxide, lithium)?
    This is the batteries i used, 2 of this Kodak, and one of that new unopened, and one another brand i forgot, so i have this one remaining and not sure if it will work. I ordered 20 pieces of thise 4L... batteries from ebay to be used for RZ and Mamiya 7, but i doubt it may work with Mamiya 7II, RZ has no issue with battery even if doesn't last longer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0sp5.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	754.3 KB 
ID:	76720

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Those are alkaline batteries. Try getting the more expensive silver oxide version. And be sure to clean the battery contacts in the camera.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Those are alkaline batteries. Try getting the more expensive silver oxide version. And be sure to clean the battery contacts in the camera.
    Where i can find that silver oxide version? and will that be enough power or say compatible with Mamiya 7II?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is the lithium version: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...rch=yes&sts=ta

The Mamiya 7II manual indicates that you can use any of the alternatives - alkaline, silver-oxide or lithium, but in my experience the silver-oxide cells are the most reliable.

I buy mine through eBay - here is a 4-pack example of some that appear to be available to the U.A.E.: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-544-En...item4ac4f4a496
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is the lithium version: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...rch=yes&sts=ta

The Mamiya 7II manual indicates that you can use any of the alternatives - alkaline, silver-oxide or lithium, but in my experience the silver-oxide cells are the most reliable.

I buy mine through eBay - here is a 4-pack example of some that appear to be available to the U.A.E.: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-544-En...item4ac4f4a496
    Cool, i will give that a try, why you didn't tell me about it earlier because i did ordered many things from ebay about 80 minutes ago, so i will put that on my second order for later, thank you very much for the links!!!

I am worry that i might used that lithium battery as one of the 4 ones i tested, but i am not sure, in all cases i will try again and see, maybe i used only Alkaline batteries all the 4, hope this another battery of lithium or silver oxide will solve the problem,

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Another stupid question... Is the battery facing the right direction?

Kidding, I'm sure the red light wouldn't function if the pols were reversed
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin