Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,524   Online: 1041

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Mamiya 645 pro TL and Delta 3200

Quote Originally Posted by rubyfalls View Post
    Thank you! And lovely picture. I've never used D76, only DD-X and ID-11; maybe that is my problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No DD-X is generally better for D3200 than D-76 (which is similar to ID-11 by the way) because it's designed for T-grain emulsions.

Did you use DD-X for this thin batch?
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Also some examples shot at 3200 in DD-X

35mm

And 120

The 35mm was shot in a very dark house, the 120 was shot using a red filter, the first two daytime, the third, dusk for 2 minutes exposure and yellow filter.

Just remember to use gentile agitation/inversion for best grain.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    No DD-X is generally better for D3200 than D-76 (which is similar to ID-11 by the way) because it's designed for T-grain emulsions.

Did you use DD-X for this thin batch?
    No - I used ID-11. It was really more of a test roll for me, as I am still getting acquainted with my m645. I just scanned the negatives and they actually aren't awful -- my main takeaway is that I need to spot meter and shoot in manual rather than AP. A big duh, I know. The next roll I will develop in DD-X.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you all so much for the tips -- and your photos! What great inspiration! Another issue is that the things that I shoot with faster film aren't the sort of things i usually shoot, so part of my problem is capturing the subject appropriately. eg, I primarily shoot single objects, single person portraits, lines and architecture, whereas with the 3200 it is "busy" scenes such as musicians or roller skating kids.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rubyfalls View Post
    No - I used ID-11. It was really more of a test roll for me, as I am still getting acquainted with my m645. I just scanned the negatives and they actually aren't awful -- my main takeaway is that I need to spot meter and shoot in manual rather than AP. A big duh, I know. The next roll I will develop in DD-X.

Just for clarity ....

If you refer to your camera as an "M645" you might confuse some people, because the very first Mamiya 6x4.5 SLR had the model name of "M645".
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Just for clarity ....

If you refer to your camera as an "M645" you might confuse some people, because the very first Mamiya 6x4.5 SLR had the model name of "M645".
    Thanks - I forgot about that. And I am bad for making my own words and short hand. Too many kids; too little sleep.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I actually love using medium format Delta 3200 as a general purpose film. Great grain, really smooth tonality, and a great tonal scale. It's one of my favorite films period the end...love using it in my Rolleiflex Automat or Hasselblad...even in broad daylight:

See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    I actually love using medium format Delta 3200 as a general purpose film. Great grain, really smooth tonality, and a great tonal scale. It's one of my favorite films period the end...love using it in my Rolleiflex Automat or Hasselblad...even in broad daylight:

That's a really interesting shot, I wouldn't have thought to blow it out so much but it really is neat. Not a great example of tones with all that contrast, but it's really neat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Y'all want some tones?

See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    Y'all want some tones?

Beautiful!

Almost hard to believe they are the same film, goes to show both it's versatility and also shows that technique, and skill/knowledge go a long way to a beautiful photograph

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin