Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,358   Online: 1191

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Holga
    I will most likely take it to Harry Fleenor when I am visiting my home in Southern California at the end of the month. I developed a test roll a few hours ago, and I am damn impressed by the results... this camera isn't going anywhere.

Here are a few of my favorites from the test roll:
    oh, they were taken on Kodak Tri-X rated at 400 ISO and I used a light meter app on my iPhone as a meter. I developed in Arista Liquid Developer for 6 minutes. The negatives are a bit dusty but I didn't want to edit them at all for the test roll. I scanned these with an Epson V700, 16-bit greyscale, 2400 dpi with the unsharp mask on medium and the autoexposure turned on. These are completely unedited; all I did was save for web at 100 quality in Photoshop.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motorcycle.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	659.1 KB 
ID:	76377Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orange-cat.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	487.9 KB 
ID:	76378Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leaves.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	720.4 KB 
ID:	76379 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	454.7 KB 
ID:	76380

Motorcycle is 1/100 at f/4, the cat is 1/500 at f/4, the leaves are 1/100 at f/4, and the car is 1/250 at f/8.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nothing at all wrong with the light meter app in the iPhone. I've compared it head-to-head with my Sekonic 408 and it has matched it within say 1/5th of a stop, well within the margin of what I can set the aperture to.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Enjoy
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    daswiggles,

If you ever feel guilty about the very good deal you got, just tell yourself that the seller knew the camera was going to someone who will appreciate and use it for many years...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love my Rolleiflex!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice shots! Looks like it works! They show that Rolleiflex character nicely. Imagine when you really try! :-)
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    > and friend to help me see the world
    Yes, that describes it well. I love my Flex, it is my most used camera (3.5F with working meter).
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Holga
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    daswiggles,

If you ever feel guilty about the very good deal you got, just tell yourself that the seller knew the camera was going to someone who will appreciate and use it for many years...
    Indeed, but I don't think that I should... the seller mentioned that she looked it up on eBay and online, and I even told her that I plan on having it repaired so I can use it. To be honest I was surprised that she took my offer... I guess the universe wants me to have a Rolleiflex heh.

Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Nice shots! Looks like it works! They show that Rolleiflex character nicely. Imagine when you really try! :-)
    To be honest, I'm amazed at how nice they look given the lens condition. I was so anxious to play around with it that I shot a test roll around my apartment building. I was bracing myself for total disappointment, but I can already tell that I will not be parting with this camera. I think it will be a lot better for travel than my Hasselblad, and it really is a work of mechanical art. The film transport is so smooth that it feels like there is no film in it. My only other experience with a TLR has been a Yashica-Mat 124G I borrowed, for some reason any picture with a light source had a weird glow around it. And the mechanical precision of this 60+ year old Rolleiflex is just in another league. It's like comparing a Mercedes-Benz S-Class to a base-model Honda Civic.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have the same model. The rear lens, I found out much later, suffered from severe fungus. But it could be repaired (and recoated) and it now is my beloved take-anywhere camera. I even sold my 2.8F planar, since I decided I could get more for that model while the results of my 2.8C Xenotar where no less spectacular. The repair did add to the costs, but the camera still is the one to go for me (I have a Rolleiflex 6008i and Pentax 645N as well, and just sold my Plaubel Makina 67).
    CLA is worth it. I am probably replacing the screen with a Mamiya 67 screen too (not the more expensive options of Maxwell etc, not because they are too expensive, but because they may be too bright in daylight).

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Congrat! My first camera was a 3.5 model. I do enjoy the tread's title as it hints of more Rolleis to come!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin