Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,909   Posts: 1,556,135   Online: 1052

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got my first Rollei a few years back. Paid close to $400 for it. It was not in great shape. Had a CLA done on it. My first prints from my Automat IV were scary sharp for a camera that is 70 years old. You'll enjoy using for a long time.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations. I have a 3.5F and I can say without hesitation it is my most beloved camera. I use it every week. Have fun with yours.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Congrats, have fun with it for many years to come, I was frankly completely blown away when I got a Rolleiflex Automat 3 years ago, it has to be my all time favorite camera, and the prints from it just seem to have a character that is all of t's own, something I never find on any of my other cameras, I was using mine only this afternoon, not the greatest light but for sure the rollei came though

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    People should post favorite Rolleiflex TLR images in this thread. The love for these babies is prolific!
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I'm not mistaken, Rollei is Avedon's favorite camera.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Where would I start? I've got dozens of favorites. I'd just say start wandering through my gallery here, with the newest ones first and work your way back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You got those, and you say with a hazy lens? wow.

Quote Originally Posted by daswiggles View Post
    I will most likely take it to Harry Fleenor when I am visiting my home in Southern California at the end of the month. I developed a test roll a few hours ago, and I am damn impressed by the results... this camera isn't going anywhere.

Here are a few of my favorites from the test roll:
    oh, they were taken on Kodak Tri-X rated at 400 ISO and I used a light meter app on my iPhone as a meter. I developed in Arista Liquid Developer for 6 minutes. The negatives are a bit dusty but I didn't want to edit them at all for the test roll. I scanned these with an Epson V700, 16-bit greyscale, 2400 dpi with the unsharp mask on medium and the autoexposure turned on. These are completely unedited; all I did was save for web at 100 quality in Photoshop.

Attachment 76377Attachment 76378Attachment 76379 Attachment 76380

Motorcycle is 1/100 at f/4, the cat is 1/500 at f/4, the leaves are 1/100 at f/4, and the car is 1/250 at f/8.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh, just a word of forewarning - Harry Fleenor is VERY busy and you'll have a two to three month wait to get the camera back. Don't fall too much in love with it before you give it to him to service, or you'll never be able to part with it that long.

Shooter
    Holga
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Oh, just a word of forewarning - Harry Fleenor is VERY busy and you'll have a two to three month wait to get the camera back. Don't fall too much in love with it before you give it to him to service, or you'll never be able to part with it that long.
    Hah, it's funny that you should mention that because I was thinking exactly the same thing. I actually emailed him yesterday about bringing it in when I visit southern California at the end of them month and he quoted about a six week turnaround. I'll miss it, but at least I have a Hasselblad back home to play with while I'm waiting. Although, if I mailed it it soon, I could have it back in time to use it over winter break... hmm decisions...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    What town is he in? I am heading that way in November.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin