Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,067   Online: 996

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Adding an 80mm lens.

I'm currently shooting a (Hassy) 60mm and have been thinking of adding an 80mm for God knows why. My original thought was getting a 100mm and making it a TWO lens kit, but the 80 for some reason keeps returning to mind, probably because I have one for another camera body that I prefer not to shoot, and I find the lens somewhat appealing. So my question is, would it be a mistake to pick one up if I'm going to buy the 100mm anyways.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stop now! It'll never end. Next you will want a 150 or a 180. Then you'll want a couple of backs. Then you'll want tubes. Then an extra body.......if you give a mouse a cookie.....

Glad you are enjoying the 60! Have you posted pix from it yet?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    By all means. You need an 80mm for that "normal" look. But, you'll also need a 120 Makro-Planar for close-ups, and a 180 for portraits. And, have you seen how nicely a 250 compresses things? Wow.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin