Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,537   Posts: 1,544,268   Online: 782

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

another plaubel makina question

Hi there,

I am thinking of buying a Plaubel Makina 67 camera - I have been sent pictures from the seller, and it looks like a Makina except there is no model name on the front - it just says Plaubel on the bottom left of the camera front. Does anyone know why this is? I have never seen a picture of one like this. Pictures are attached.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2484.JPG   IMG_2485.JPG  

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Mine looks like that, i will have to get it out and double check the name.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It should say Makina 67 at the left hand top on the front, Makina in white, 67 in red. Has it been repainted? I do know of "Plaube" instead of "Plaubel" but not this.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP8068.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	397.3 KB 
ID:	77249
    Make sure the meter works (very expensive repair; you may not use it, but the resale value would be affected substantially).
    Last edited by Troll; 11-21-2013 at 06:59 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    Large Format
    You might want to hold out for a 670, the later model of this camera, for the following reasons:
    1. 220 and 120 film compatibility.
    2. Shutter trigger tapped for cable release.
    3. More robust light meter
    4. Oftentimes sells for around the same price as a 67.

If you're hot to get this particular camera you should get more info from seller. It does look like it's been repainted.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just got out my Makina and I am sorry , it isn't like the one in the photos.

Mine says Makin 67 at the top left corner with Plaubel at the lower edge. It is similar with the lens extended , which threw me off.

My meter stop working some time ago and when I tried to have it repaired I was told by more than one source that the parts are no longer available.

It wasn't a show stopper as I several hand held meters.
    Last edited by ann; 11-21-2013 at 08:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Is it possible that just as people used to put black tape over the camera name to make it look "pro", perhaps a prior owner rubbed off the name (assuming the name isn't usually engraved) on purpose.

Nice camera -- I've got the 67W, great travel camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Trask View Post
    Is it possible that just as people used to put black tape over the camera name to make it look "pro", perhaps a prior owner rubbed off the name (assuming the name isn't usually engraved) on purpose.

Nice camera -- I've got the 67W, great travel camera.
    I believe the name was engraved, so something should still be visible in that case. Can't check, I sadly no longer have it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    My meter stop working some time ago and when I tried to have it repaired I was told by more than one source that the parts are no longer available.

It wasn't a show stopper as I several hand held meters.
    I agree about the hand meters.
    However, as recently as last year I believe the original company, Plaubel, in Germany, still repaired the cameras (esp. the light meter) and they may still do today.
    It is a complicated job, but what's wrong is that the wires have gone, and these are always replaceable. The film advance mechanism, if it needs repair, may be another story.
    Still, a repair probably costs you €500 or so based on what I read online, which is a lot of monery for a meter which is bested by a hand-held meter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    well I'm not too worried about the light meter but the main problem with this camera is that the viewfinder glass is broken. So that would be the main repair. I'll have to look into that. But the camera is priced low so I could afford to have that repaired if it wasn't a crazy expensive job. As for the missing name I do wonder about that.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    the name isn't just painted on , it is engraved into the metal at the least with the 67

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin